Synopses & Reviews
In full colour throughout and featuring new case studies, this fully revised and updated edition of the best-selling AS Communication Studies covers all aspects of Communication Studies for students of the AS and A Level AQA syllabus.
The authors, who are experienced teachers and examiners, introduce students step-by-step to the main forms of communication - verbal, non-verbal, intrapersonal and group; they provide guidance on developing effective communication skills and advise on how these skills can be used to prepare for examinations.
Individual chapters cover:
* studying communication
* effective communication
* text and meanings in communication
* communication practice
* themes in personal communication
* using communication skills to pass exams.
AS Communication Studies covers every part of an introductory Communication Studies course and includes several useful features and study aids, including:
* activities for the classroom and practical assignments for individual study
* worked examination questions
* suggestions for further reading
* glossary of key terms
* case studies showing how theoretical concepts can be applied in everyday situations.
Originally published as "Communication Studies: The Essential Introduction" this bestselling textbook has been re-titled "AS Communication Studies: The Essential Introduction" . The book introduces students step-by-step to the main forms of communication - verbal, non-verbal, intrapersonal and group; provides guidance on developing effective communication skills, and advises on how good communication skills can be used to prepare for and pass examinations.
Individual chapters address:
* Studying Communication * Effective Communication Skills * Text and Meaning in Communication * Communication Practice * Themes in Personal Communication * Using your Communication Skills to Pass Examinations.
"AS Communication Studies: The Essential Introduction" will give students the confidence to tackle every part of an introductory communications course. Its key features include:
* Activities * Worked questions * Suggestions for further reading and a glossary of key terms *A supporting website with up-to-date information, worksheets, assignments and useful links.