Synopses & Reviews
Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP) is one of the fastest growing programming segments for Web applications and e-commerce. This book servers our vast beginner audience. Great for developers regardless of experience--combines core coverage with real-world applications. Unique "learn by doing" pedagogy, not just theory as with competing books.
Learn the fundamentals of ASP programming by following the steps and examples in this easy-to-use guide.
Through tutorials and hands-on exercises, programming instructor Dave Mercer explains the fundamentals of ASP, including Web programming objectives, ASP scripting, object-oriented programming, Active Server Components and ADO, client/server applications, debugging, and security. If you want to get started programming in ASP right away here is the perfect self-paced learning solution for you.
This Beginner's guide is Designed for Easy Learning:
- Modules - Each programming concept is divided into logical modules (chapters), ideal for linear learning
- Goals - Each module opens with the specific programming skills you'll have by the end of the module
- Ask the Experts - Q&A sections throughout
- 1-Minute Drills -Quick self-assessment sections to check your progress
- Annotated Syntax - Example code annotated with commentary that points to the particular technique illustrated
- Projects - Coding exercises contained in each module that build on one another, from simple to complex
- Mastery checks - End-of-module reviews that test proficiency using multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and simple coding questions