Synopses & Reviews
In 1955 David Brown bought the Tickford Coachbuilding Company and its site at Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell. The Aston Martin DB4 which was unveiled at the 1958 London Motor Show was the first car to be manufactured in the former Salmons & Tickfords coachbuilding works. It was followed by the Aston Martin DB5 in 1963 and the Aston Martin DB6 from 1965 to 1970. Special-bodied cars such as the Aston Martin DB4 Bertone Jet and the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato are covered and specifications, chassis numbers and production figures are also given.