Synopses & Reviews
The Atlas of Oregon CD-ROM
breaks new ground as the most innovative state atlas in the nation. This remarkable product features the maps and information from the award-winning Atlas of Oregon plus state-of-the-art digital tools that enable users to tailor the material.
Comprehensive yet easy-to-use this fully interactive 2-CD set opens up a world of information about Oregon from geologic evolution to crops vineyards and technology from Lewis and Clark to Portlands traffic jams. It is the result of a creative partnership between the authors of the Atlas of Oregon print version and the InfoGraphics Lab at the University of Oregon.
- PC/Macintosh compatibility
- More than 1000 color maps charts and graphics
- Beautiful shaded reference maps of every square mile of Oregon
- Unique aerial photographs of Portland Crater Lake and other attractions
- Easy-to-use pull-up menus and interactive tools
- Zoom-in zoom-out and pan functions
- Animated displays of maps graphs and timelines
- Custom options for map and graph displays
- Built-in Help for every page including animated tutorials
System requirements: Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2K/XP; Pentium 233 Mhz processor; 64 MB of free RAM (128 MB recommended); 10 MB temporary harddrive space; 4x CD-ROM; 800x600 resolution or better; 16-bit color.
System requirements: Macintosh OS 8.6+; PowerPC 604e 233 Mhz processor; 128 MB of free RAM (256 MB recommended); 10 MB temporary harddrive space; 4x CD-ROM; 800x600 resolution or better; 16-bit color.
Table of Contents
Disc 1: Thematic information about Oregon's economy, history, nature, geography, and people -- Disc 2: Detailed searchable and zoomable reference maps of every mile of Oregon.