Synopses & Reviews
At last, a book about your pet that emphasizes total care, training and companionship! You'll not only learn about the specific traits of your special pet, you'll also learn what the world's like from your pet's perspective; how to feed, groom and keep your pet healthy; and how to enjoy your pet through training and activities you can do together. The Australian Shepherd is written by a breed expert and includes a special chapter on training by Dr. Ian Dunbar, internationally renowned animal behaviorist, and chapters on getting active with your dog by long-time Dog Fancy magazine columnist Bardi McLennan. Best of all, the book is filled with info-packed sidebars and fun facts to make caring for your pet easy and enjoyable.
Giving pet owners the information they need to take the best possible care of the their pets.
About the Author
Liz Palika has been involved with Australian Shepherrds in almost every capacity. Her aussies have been successful in obedience, therapy work, agility, tracking and Frisbee, among other things. She is the author of several books on pet care and training and is a regular contributor to Dog Fancy magazine.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: Welcome to the World of the Australian Shepherd.
1. What Is an Australian Shepherd?
2. The Australian Shepherd's Ancestry.
3. The World According to the Australian Shepherd.
PART TWO: Living with an Australian Shepherd.
4. Bringing Your Australian Shepherd Home.
5. Feeding Your Australian Shepherd.
6. Grooming Your Australian Shepherd.
7. Keeping Your Australian Shepherd Healthy.
PART THREE: Enjoying Your Dog.
8. Basic Training (Ian Dunbar, Ph.D., MRCVS).
9. Getting Active with Your Dog (Bardi McLennan).
10. Your Dog and Your Family (Bardi McLennan).
11. Your Dog and Your Community (Bardi McLennan).
PART FOUR: Beyond the Basics.
12. Recommended Reading.