Synopses & Reviews
More than 60 million Teach Yourself products sold worldwide
Advice on how to become more confident in any situation
Be More Confident: Teach Yourself brings the social networking strategies of the business and professional world to your personal life, allowing you to overcome shyness, win friends and make an impact in every social situation. It uses proven techniques, interactive tools, case studies and motivational advice to help you communicate, socialize and relate to others with real panache. If you have always been a little shy, it will give you step-by-step guides to becoming popular and confident, with practical tips on everything from body language to great conversation openers.
Covering work, home, relationships and every other area of a daily routine, this is an aspirational but achievable manual that will help you to feel better not only about yourself, but about the way in which you talk to people, make friends, and make an impression.
- One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started
- Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience
- Practical advice and motivational techniques to help you shine in any social situation
- Interactive quizzes and self-testing techniques to help you learn
- Hints, tips and help for those looking for romance
Topics include: Acceptance; Your secret weapons for overcoming shyness; How to make people like you--and love you; The easy art of conversation; Where to make friends; I'll be me, you be you; Does your body say hello?; If you're afraid of it, do it; Being a 'yes' person, creating 'yes' people; If you want friends, learn to be alone; How to be calm and assertive without being aggressive; Let people persuade themselves; Helping other people to do their best; Resolving disagreements; The opposite sex
Inexpensive guides to solving everyday issues and understanding complex subjects
About the Author
Paul Jenner is a writer and journalist specializing in lifestyle subjects. He lives with his partner, three horses, two dogs and two sheep, in the foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees, where, when he's not working, he enjoys hiking, riding, cycling, sailing, swimming, diving and snowboarding. His other books include Teach Yourself Living Longer, Living Well and Teach Yourself Happiness.
Table of Contents
01. introduction: acceptance/02. your secret weapons for overcoming shyness/03. how to make people like you – and love you/04. the easy art of conversation/05. where to make friends/06. I'll be me, you be you/07. does your body say hello?/08. if you're afraid of it, do it/09. being a 'yes' person, creating 'yes' people/10. if you want friends, learn to be alone/11. how to be calm and assertive without being aggressive/12. let people persuade themselves/13. helping other people to do their best/14. resolving disagreements/15. the opposite sex/16. taking it further