Synopses & Reviews
With this book you'll learn the fundamentals of the web environment and how Visual Studio .NET makes it accessible to C# programmers. You'll build a working website that demonstrates all the elements of a C# web application. We'll take a step-by-step approach to each example as we explore the essential technologies and how VS.NET helps us to integrate them into a highly interactive, attractive web application.
What you will learn in this book:
- How to create dynamic web pages with ASP.NET web forms and web server controls
- How to display and manipulate data using ADO.NET and Visual Studio .NET components
- How to persist state in different ways, within the "stateless" web environment
- How to create XML files and XML schema, and how to use them for data transfer
- How to integrate your web applications with others, through web services
- How to make your application more secure, via the security features in ASP.NET and IIS
- How to eliminate bugs and unexpected failures, through effective debugging and exception-handling techniques
- How to improve the performance of your application and prepare it for release
Beginning Web Programming in C#: From Novice to Professional will teach you the fundamentals of the web environment and how Visual Studio .NET (VS .NET) makes it accessible to C# programmers. You?ll build a working website that demonstrates all the elements of a C# web application, through step-by-step examples that explore the essential technologies and how VS .NET helps you integrate them into a highly interactive, attractive web application.
Table of Contents
Environment and Architecture - Basic Principles.- Web Development in .NET Primer.- User Interfaces and Server Controls.- ADO.NET Architecture and Practical Usage.- Data Binding.- ASP.NET State Management.- Markup Languages and XML.- XML and Web Development.- Web Services in Web Applications.- ASP.NET Authentication, Authorization, and Security.- Debugging and Exception Handling.- Caching and Performance Tuning.- Publishing Web Applications in .NET.- Appendix A: Friends Reunion Case Study.- Appendix B: Configuration of IIS and MSDE DB.