Synopses & Reviews
- More than 80 Oregon hikes for kids and adults, accessible from urban areas
- Hikes range in length from less than a mile to nearly 6 miles, with optional turn-around points
- Handy sidebars with information on animals, plants, geology, and fun activities for kids to do on the hike
- Special emphasis on trail highlights with child appeal
- Graphic, two-color layout provides key data at a glance
Search for frogs and turtles in a pond, stay in a cabin, visit a nature center, see waterfalls, or discover abundant wildlife. These are just a few of the hikes in Best Hikes with Kids Oregon that families (and anyone looking for an easy outing) will enjoy. Each hike in this guidebook offers points of interest and opportunities for kids to learn about nature on the trail. The hikes are rated easy to difficult for children, and feature optional turn-around points for tired feet.
Search for frogs and turtles, visit a nature center, or see waterfalls on these family-friendly hikes outlined in this completely redone guidebook. Each outing is highlighted with points of interest and opportunities for learning about nature on the trail.
About the Author
Bonnie Henderson is a regular contributor to Sunset magazine and is the author of Best Hikes with Kids: Oregon. She lives with her family in Eugene, Oregon.