Synopses & Reviews
swings into theaters in the big-budget motion-picture event of the decade, rediscover the most acclaimed Spidey stories of the year...collected for the first time in one action-packed volume!
- J. Michael Straczynski and John Romita, Jr. introduce an enigmatic stranger who forever will change the way Peter Parker views himself...and the origins of his amazing alter ego! Plus, the web-slinger struggles to cope with the most horrific tragedy ever to befall his city: the events of Sept. 11.
- Paul Jenkins and Staz Johnson join an investigation in progress as a particularly resourceful private eye attempts to track down the most elusive quarry of all: Spider-Man!
- Greg Rucka and Eduardo Risso chronicle the last hours of a mob lieutenant marked for termination by the infamous Kingpin of Crime!
- Peter Milligan and Duncan Fegredo get under the rock-hard hide of the tortured soul that is the rampaging Rhino!
- Brian Michael Bendis and Bill Sienkiewicz reinterpret a classic Spider-Man team-up when the web-slinger finds himself caught in the crossfire of a clash between Daredevil and the Punisher!
Reprinting Amazing Spider-Man
(Vol. 2) #30-36, Spider-Man's Tangled Web
#4-6, Peter Parker: Spider-Man
(Vol. 2) #35, and Ultimate Marvel Team-Up
"Marvel has found the secret to making good books, and it's really not all that hard: Hire the best talent." Randy Lander, The Fourth Rail
"Great action, suspense, dialogue, characters...everything. This is Spider-Man at his best." Andrew Goletz, Aint-it-Cool-News
"Straczynski's storytelling (which notably tweaks Spider-Man's origin) adds flourishes of despair and menace more subtle than most comics attempt." Ken Tucker, Entertainment Weekly
The best-selling Amazing Spider-man stories from J. Michael Stracynski are reprinted in deluxe format, along with other great Spider-man comic stoires of the past year from Tangled Web and Ultimate Marvel Team-up (Punisher.) Plus, behind-the-scene info.
About the Author
J. Michael Straczynski (writer, Amazing Spider-Man
) is best known as creator of TV's Babylon 5
, the wildly popular science-fiction series airing in syndication. Straczynski has written and produced a number of other TV shows, and he launched the acclaimed comic-book series Rising Stars
before beginning his stint on Spider-Man
Paul Jenkins's (writer, Peter Parker: Spider-Man) most notable comic-book credits include the Eisner Award-winning Inhumans and a four-year stint as writer of Hellblazer.
Peter Milligan (writer, Spider-Man's Tangled Web) is an award-winning comic-book scribe and screenwriter. His comic work includes Enigma, Shade the Changing Man, and the controversial graphic novel Skin. The Eisner Award nominee is drawing rave reviews for his innovative revision of X-Force.
Greg Rucka (writer, Spider-Man's Tangled Web) is an accomplished novelist, having penned the popular Atticus Kodiak series of books. Rucka is also an Eisner Award-winning comic-book writer working on such titles as Whiteout, Whiteout: Melt, Detective Comics, Elektra, and Elektra & Wolverine: The Redeemer.
Brian Michael Bendis (writer, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up) is a two-time Eisner Award winner. Recent projects include the Eisner Award-winning Powers and the three-time Eisner-nominated Hollywood tell-all Fortune and Glory. Bendis is author of the hit Marvel comics Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, Alias, and Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.