Synopses & Reviews
Make every meal a fresh and flavorful delight!
These days, millions of people are discovering that cooking with vegetables, fruits, and herbs from their backyard gardens or local farmers markets is a great way to eat more healthfully. Garden Fresh Meals from Better Homes and Gardens offers delicious recipes that make the most of your seasonal bounty—from light summer salads to comforting autumn soups to hearty winter roasts.
With a broad range of innovative, great-tasting, and easy-to-prepare meals, this gorgeous cookbook offers something for everyone in the family to savor. Plus, helpful cooking tips are peppered throughout the book, including plenty of advice on choosing and preparing the best and freshest ingredients.
• Cook your way through the year with more than 150 recipes organized by cooking method, offering a simple way to find a recipe that matches your mood
• Find inspirations in stunning full-color photographs throughout
• Get informed with a seasonal produce guide filled with information on whats in season when, how to select the ingredients at their peak, and storage and prep tips
• Eat right with complete nutritional information for every recipe
Garden Fresh Meals provides everything you need to know to make the most of homegrown produce or farmers market finds.
A giant collection of cupcakes from the classic to the contemporary
What could be better than a cupcake? How about 150 cupcakes? In this new cupcake compendium from Better Homes and Gardens, you'll find tons of creative recipes and decorations for everyone's favorite little treat. From traditional cupcakes to fancy new ideas, you'll find a cupcake here for any and every occasion, from tried-and-true favorites to creatively decorated designs for celebrations and holidays. Beautiful full-color photos accompany every recipe while an entire section on cupcake basics covers simple recipes, converting cakes to cupcakes, and cupcake decorating tools and techniques.
- Includes 150 diverse and delightful cupcake recipes
- 200 beautiful full-color photographs offer plenty of inspiration and how-to instructions
- Features fun and informative tips and sidebars throughout
- Covers special occasion cupcakes for birthdays, showers, holidays, and more
For anyone who loves cupcakes, this delicious cupcake cookbook offers tasty treats for any and every occasion.
A cupcake cornucopia with delightful treats, from satisfying classics to inventive, new ideas.
Witty, one-of-a-kind, imaginative cupcake designs using candies from the local convenience store, no baking skills or fancy pastry equipment required. Spotting the familiar items in the hundreds of brilliant photos is at least half the fun. and#160; America's favorite food photography team shows how to create funny, scary, and sophisticated masterpieces using a ziplock bag and common candies and snack items. With these easy-to-follow techniques, even the most kitchen-challenged cooks can: and#8226; raise a big-top circus cupcake tier for a kid's birthday
and#8226; plant candy vegetables on Oreo earth cupcakes for a garden party
and#8226; trot out a line of confectionery "pup cakes" for a dog fancier
and#8226; serve spaghetti and meatball cupcakes for April Fool's Day
and#8226; bewitch trick-or-treaters with eerie alien cupcakes
and#8226; create holidays on icing with a white Christmas cupcake wreath, turkey cupcake place cards, and Easter egg cupcakes
The endlessly imaginative duo who turned cupcaking into a national pastime is back, with utterly new, eye-popping creations anyone can make.and#160;
The endlessly imaginative duo who turned cupcaking into a national pastime is back, with utterly new, eye-popping creations anyone can make.
and#8226; Create a cupcake race car, a cupcake robot, or ravishing ring bling cupcakes for a birthday party.
and#8226; Surprise the family with Chinese takeout dinner cupcakes on April Fool's or serve up a goofy chocolate moose.
and#8226; Captivate Mom with a bouquet of long-stemmed mum cupcakes.
and#8226; Build sand castle cupcakes with the kids.
All you need are candies from the corner store, cake mix, and canned frosting. and#160; So what is new, Cupcake?
and#8226; Lots of "EZ" projects that use just a few ingredients--perfect for kids and parties.
and#8226; More pictures, brighter colors, bolder designs.
and#8226; More faux-food creations--so real you won't believe they're cupcakes!
and#8226; More comical critters and the cutest pets ever!
and#8226; More irresistible party centerpieces to celebrate hobbies, from golf to knitting.
and#8226; More spectacular holiday cupcakes: Valentine's, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. and#160; You'll end up with cupcakes so striking that you won't want to eat them--but so delicious you'll have no choice!
A comprehensive beginner's guide to home canning and preserving, complete with tasty recipes!
Preserving your own fruits and vegetables is an affordable and sustainable way to sweeten your pantry with delicious seasonal bounty to last all year. With Better Homes and Gardens You Can Can!, you'll learn everything you ever needed to know about canning and preserving your farmer's market finds and the fresh produce from your garden. Whether you're canning for the first time or just want to refresh your skills, this is the perfect guide.
All the basics are covered, from hot water baths and freezing techniques to food safety information and clever ideas for making gifts from your preserves. With a wide variety of recipes and step-by-step instruction, this book is clear and straightforward enough for any inspired do-it-yourselfer.
- Includes 100 recipes for classic flavors as well as bold new delights
- Features more than 50 beautiful color photos, including step-by-step photos to guide the novice canner through the most critical procedures
- Covers all the basics of equipment and ingredients and provides handy charts and go-to lists, as well as tips on produce seasonality
With recipes for jams, jellies, preserves, and chutneys, as well as pickles, relishes, and veggies, this book proves that you really can can!
- 450 fantastic cookie recipes, from tried-and-true classics to unbeatable brownies to fabulous favorites that span the globe.
- Enticing color photos of cookies on every spread.
- Storage instructions are included for every recipe.
- Prep, Chill, Bake, and Stand times are highlighted for each recipe.
- Bonus chapters: Our Holiday Best and Quick Candies.
- Chapter divider pages include feature text.
- Full-color baking and decorating guide filled with ingredient information, tips, and techniques from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen.
A cookie collection packed with holiday cheer!
Offering more than 200 irresistible recipes for every flavor, from simple drop cookies to bars, brownies, and more, Very Merry Cookies is the perfect cookie compendium for baking enthusiasts and novices alike. Filled with hardworking essentials, like Make Ahead and storage directions for every recipe, this festive collection delivers tasty tidbits on decorating and homemade gifts.
- With more than 200 recipes and 140 beautiful full-color photos, this book offers excellent value
- Tip boxes throughout the book provide simple ideas for baking perfect cookies every time
- "Santa's Little Helper" icons designate recipes that kids can help make
- Chapters are organized by flavor, with ideas to satisfy every palate, from coconut creations and ooey, gooey caramel treats to rich dark chocolate sensations
- The book covers the entire range of holiday cookies, including decorated cookies, drop cookies, slice and bakes, shaped cookies, cut-outs, sandwich cookies, and even tiny tarts
The simple, can-do guide that shows how to preserve fruits and vegetables to fill your pantry with seasonal bounty all year long.
About the Author
Called and#8220;the cake whispererand#8221; by Gourmet, KAREN TACK is a cooking teacher and food stylist. Her work can be seen on the covers of Gourmet, Bon Appand#233;tit, Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, Womanand#8217;s Day, Martha Stewart Living, Parents, Real Simple, Nick Jr., and many others.Fellow creator ALAN RICHARDSON has photographed dozens of best-selling cookbooks, and his work appears in many leading food and women's magazines. He is the coauthor of The Breath of a Wok, which won two coveted awards from the International Association of Culinary Professionals.
Table of Contents
What you need to know to make the most of garden-grown fruits and vegetables.
TOSSED & COMPOSED.
With a minimum of fuss, simple salads showcase the freshest fruits and vegetables.
Feature the best produce from the garden in soups, stir-fries, and other stovetop dishes.
A quick turn in the skillet works wonders on fruits and veggies whether they star in the dish or play a supporting role.
This tried-and-true method of cooking veggies takes a flavorful turn with herbs and seasonings.
For vegetables with the freshest flavor and brightest colors, try these steamed specialties.
Transform vegetables into savory casseroles and fruits into luscious pies and cakes.
Enrich the natural goodness of fruits and vegetables—then serve with meats or fish or on their own.
Easy and fuss-free, braising is ideal for hearty vegetables and robust seasonings.
Make fresh produce sizzle in main dishes, pizzas, and sides with a little smoke and fire.
Try these luscious fruit-filled desserts whenever you crave nature's sweetness.