Synopses & Reviews
A trusted kitchen companion for the new bride and groom with hundreds of delicious recipes and time-tested advice from the experts at Better Homes and Gardens.
Like no other cookbook before or since, the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book Bridal Edition is specially designed with newlyweds in mind. The classic gift for anyone embarking on a life together, it is sure to be the cookbook you treasure and use for years to come.
Inside, you'll find the complete 15th Edition of the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book, plus a special 62-page section packed with tips, tricks, recipes, and suggestions just for newlyweds. Look to it for romantic, fun menu and entertaining ideas that fit your busy schedule and will help you build unique family traditions. Following this special bridal section, you'll find the entirety of the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book, 15th Editionfor decades a bestseller due to its stellar reputation for reliability, service, and great-tasting recipes. Always a favorite with cooks of all skill levels, it's the perfect kitchen companion for anyone just starting out.
The Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book Bridal Edition is
Quick and Customizable???New features let you prepare meals faster and just how you want them. Save time when you use Cook Once, Eat Twice recipes to create two meals in one go. Prepare meals the way you like them with unique Make It Mine variations that add a personal touch to the classics you love.
Packed with Options Galore???Brand-new chaptersBreakfasts and Brunches, Casseroles, Convenience Cooking, and Sandwiches and Pizzasoffer more recipes than ever before. You'll never run out of creative meal ideas!
Perfect for Entertaining???From the hottest cocktails to the coolest party tips, you'll find everything you need to entertain friends and family, including a simple wine guide, cocktail how-tos, and delicious, easy appetizers.
Full of Help for the Holidays???Inside, you'll find checklists, recipes, make-ahead dishes, and confidence-building tips that make your first effort at hosting a big holiday meal a true triumph.
And So Much More???This special edition includes plenty of help for the cook-in-training. The basics section shows you how to set up your kitchen with must-have tools and ingredients and explains all-purpose cooking techniques everyone should know.
With tried-and-true cooking tips, recipes from classic to contemporary, and reliable information on everything from soba to salmon, marjoram to mushrooms, the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book Bridal Edition is the only cookbook you will need for decades of fun, romance, and delicious meals.
- Tips geared for new brides, including how to set up a kitchen, easy recipes for two, and ideas for entertaining friends
- Techniques to make family celebrations personal and stress free
- Entertaining information includes a wine glossary, cocktail how-to's, cheese buying basics, and how to plan for parties
- More than 1,000 recipes and variations-including tried-and-true classics as well as fresh flavors-tested and perfected in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen.
- More than 1,000 full color photos
This bridal edition of the bestselling New Cook Book makes the perfect gift for new couples!
The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book has been an American favorite since 1930, selling 40 million copies through fourteen editions. The new 15th Edition is the best yet, with hundreds of new recipes, tips, and photos. This new bridal edition includes a 62-page bonus section of kitchen advice for new couples.
The perfect shower or wedding gift, this new bridal edition includes all the delicious recipes you've come to expect. More than that, it features plenty of tips for new couples on setting up a kitchen, cooking for two, entertaining friends and family, planning parties, and much more.
- A special gift edition just for brides, with plenty of tips and advice on homemaking for the twenty-first century
- NEW FEATURES for the 15th Edition: Make It Mine—new flavors to keep meals exciting; Cook Once, Eat Twice—create two great meals out of one
- NEW CHAPTERS ON Breakfasts and Brunches; Casseroles; Convenience Cooking and Sandwiches and Pizzas
- Presents more than 1400 recipes, including 1000 brand-new to this edition
- More than 1000 photos
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, Bridal Edition is packed with delicious recipes and cooking advice—it's the perfect gift for the newlyweds in your life!
A???fter all the dreaming and planning, the worrying and wondering, the big day is finally here. And as you embark on this lifelong journey together, food will be at the center of many cherished memoriesfrom your first Thanksgiving dinner to cocktails and snacks with friends to a romantic twilight dinner on the patio. Whether you're a seasoned cook or just beginning to find your way around the kitchen, the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book Bridal Edition will be your trusted guide for years to come. In addition to the time-tested recipes from the 15th Edition of the Better Homes and Gardens® New Cook Book, this special edition includes hundreds of inspiring ideas for stocking your kitchen and enjoying memorable times centered on food, family, friends, and of courseeach other.
Congratulations and bon appétit!
The updated and revised 15th edition of America's favorite cookbook. The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book
has been an American favorite since 1930, selling 40 million copies through fourteen editions. This new 15th Edition
is the best yet, with 1,000 all-new recipes and a fresh, contemporary style.
Plenty of new chapters have been added to meet the needs of today's everyday cooks, including new chapters on breakfast and brunch, casseroles, and convenience cooking. More than 1,000 photos accompany this wide selection of recipes, which cover everything from Pad Thai to a Thanksgiving turkey.
- NEW FEATURES: icons that call out fast, healthy, or classic dishes; an expanded and revised chapter on canning and freezing foods; and new chapters on pizza, sandwiches, wraps, and more
- Presents more than 1,400 recipes, including 1,000 brand new to this edition
- More than 400 helpful step-by-step, how-to images and photos
- New suggestions for personalizing family dinners, new twists on favorite dishes, and plenty of recipes that yield leftovers you can use again in other recipes
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.
Table of Contents
APPETIZERS & SNACKS.
BEANS, RICE & GRAINS.
BREAKFASTS & BRUNCHES.
CAKES & FROSTINGS.
CANNING & FREEZING.
COOKIES & BARS.
FISH & SHELLFISH.
PIES & TARTS.
SALADS & DRESSINGS.
SANDWICHES & PIZZAS.
SAUCES & RELISHES.
SLOW COOKER RECIPES.
SOUPS & STEWS.
VEGETABLES & FRUITS.
COOKING AT HIGH ALTITUDES.