Synopses & Reviews
- Value-driven package with over 400 recipes and filled with more than 300 full-color photos.
- Chapters cover a broad range of recipes organized in traditional categories, from everyday weeknight meals to special meals for gatherings with friends, cooks will find hundreds of recipes that prove, again and again, that they can enjoy delicious, rave-worthy food, without undermining their aim to maintain a healthy weight and feel great.
- At-a-glance icons for Family Friendly dishes, 20-Minute Meals, and Share with Friends, perfect for holidays and special occasions.
- Special features include savvy substitutions charts showing readers how to switch in low-calorie alternatives in their everyday food choices, and inspiring, up-to-date diet and nutrition advice from the food and nutrition experts in the Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen that will help readers learn to eat well every day - not as a once-in-a-while diet, but as a lifetime lifestyle choice.
Healthy eating has never looked so good
Featuring more than four hundred light and healthy, but unquestionably delicious, recipes, Ultimate Low-Calorie Meals is the go-to cookbook for both everyday meals and special occasions. Beautifully presented with over three hundred full-colour photographs, this collection includes up-to-date nutrition information on your favourite foods, taking the guesswork out of portion control.
Covering a broad range of recipes organized in traditional categories, from everyday weeknight meals to special meals for gatherings with friends, cooks will find hundreds of recipes that prove, again and again, that they can enjoy delicious, food, without undermining their aim to maintain a healthy weight and feel great.
- Recipes include at-a-glance icons for Family Friendly dishes, 20-Minute Meals, and Share with Friends--perfect for holidays and special occasions
- Special features include savvy substitution charts showing readers how to switch in low-calorie alternatives in their everyday food choices
- Inspiring, up-to-date diet and nutrition advice
- Designed to help readers learn to eat well every day--not as a once-in-a-while diet, but as a lifetime lifestyle choice
Monitoring calorie intake is a proven way of achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. The key is to monitor the number of calories consumed and the number of calories expended on a daily basis. This beautiful cookbook, with its magazine-like design--packed with luscious illustrations--makes keeping an eye on what you eat easy.
You'll never run out of healthy, nutritious family meals with this extensive collection of low-calorie recipes
New in the Ultimate series, The Ultimate Low-Calorie Meals Book offers hundreds of recipes and ideas that make eating healthy and watching your weight easy and delicious. These recipes are ideal for light and nutritious everyday meals that form the basis of a healthy lifestyle. Filled with dishes the entire family will love, recipes are clearly marked with icons that let you quickly identify recipes that are ready in 30 minutes or less, high in fiber, and low in sodium.
Packed with more than 400 delicious and nutritious low-calorie meals and hundreds of beautiful photos, The Ultimate Low-Calorie Meals Book is a great resource at a great price.
- Features more than 400 flavorful calorie- and fat-conscious recipes, including main dishes, snacks, sandwiches, pizza, desserts, restaurant favorites, and make-ahead meals
- Includes more than 300 gorgeous full-color photographs that make every page inspiring and easy to follow
- Special Healthy Eating Basics chapter
- Special features include substitution charts that help make every meal more calorie-conscious, up-to-date diet and nutrition advice, and much more
Whether you're trying to adopt new, low-calorie eating habits or looking for new recipes to help you maintain your already-healthy lifestyle, this is the ultimate guide to tasty, healthy eating.
The only book you'll ever needfor satisfying low-calorie meals!
It's easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle with this collection of 400 delicious and nutritious low-calorie recipes. Inside, you'll find light and healthy meals for main dishes, sides, snacks, desserts, and more.
Giving you the best:
Delicious and nutritious family-friendly meal ideas from the experts in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen
More than 400 low-calorie recipes—including meals ready in 30 minutes or less, high fiber meals, and lower sodium meals
More than 300 gorgeous full-color photographs
Special features include substitution charts for making every meal more calorie-conscious, up-to-date diet and nutrition advice, and an introductory chapter on the basics of healthy eating
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.
Table of Contents
1. healthy eating basics 6
2. breakfast 24
3. sandwiches and pizza 56
4. main-dish salads 88
5. soups and stews 122
6. sides and snacks 122
7. meat and poultry 182
8. fish and seafood 220
9. meatless entrees 248
10. casseroles 280
11. slow cooker 316
12. make ahead meals 344
13. makeovers 372
14. special occasions 402
15. desserts 432
Metric information 480