Synopses & Reviews
- Value-driven chunky paperback package with more than 200 exciting holiday cookies
- 140 beautiful 4-color photos throughout.
- Chapters cover the whole range of holiday cookies – decorated cookies, drop cookies, slice and bake cookies, shaped cookies, cut-outs, sandwich cookies, tiny tarts; extra-quick cookies and brownies and bars
- Chapters on cookie secrets and decorating cookies turn readers into instant pros
- Gift It features show a photo and gives simple instructions to turn cookies into pretty gifts
- Tip boxes throughout provide user-friendly ideas for better cookie baking
- Santa’s Little Helper icon used throughout to designate recipes just right for kids
- In A Twinkling feature shows quick and easy embellishment ideas
- Make-Ahead and storage directions with every recipe
A cookie collection packed with holiday cheer!
Offering more than 200 irresistible recipes for every flavor, from simple drop cookies to bars, brownies, and more, Very Merry Cookies is the perfect cookie compendium for baking enthusiasts and novices alike. Filled with hardworking essentials, like Make Ahead and storage directions for every recipe, this festive collection delivers tasty tidbits on decorating and homemade gifts.
- With more than 200 recipes and 140 beautiful full-color photos, this book offers excellent value
- Tip boxes throughout the book provide simple ideas for baking perfect cookies every time
- "Santa's Little Helper" icons designate recipes that kids can help make
- Chapters are organized by flavor, with ideas to satisfy every palate, from coconut creations and ooey, gooey caramel treats to rich dark chocolate sensations
- The book covers the entire range of holiday cookies, including decorated cookies, drop cookies, slice and bakes, shaped cookies, cut-outs, sandwich cookies, and even tiny tarts
Warm up the holidays with these cheery cookie recipes
Better Homes and Gardens Very Merry Cookies makes baking holiday treats fun and easy. With more than 200 irresistible recipes, this collection is packed with magical inspiration and tried-and-true traditional cookies, creative ideas for sharing cookie gifts, and hints to ensure cookie perfection—everything you need to make baking a cherished part of this festive season.
Inside you'll find:
Easy-to-follow recipes for cookies of every kind and flavor, such as Almond Shortbread Wedges, Giant Coconut Macaroons, Peanut Butter and Toffee Bars, Triple Chocolate and Espresso Brownies, Lemon Tarts, and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Handy baking tips that ensure perfect cookies every time
A simple organization by flavor of the season, letting you easily find chocolate treats, peppermint bites, or caramel delights
"Santa's Little Helper" icons that highlight recipes suitable for kids to assist you
Make-ahead directions and storage recommendations for every recipe
Christmas cookies are a perennial favorite, and even the busiest cooks take the time at the holidays to bake traditional cookies as well as try new ideas. This title is a complete and enticing look at Christmas cookies, with almost 100 cookie recipes ranging from decorated cookies to sandwich cookies, brownies and bars and special cookies for children to help bake. This festive book is filled with the very best Christmas cookie creations, each brimming with fun. Complete with baking and decorating tips, inspiring gift ideas and beautiful photos, this is a must-have cookie book for the holidays.
A Merry and Delicious Collection of Christmas Cookie Recipes
Christmas and baking go hand in hand. With this must-have holiday collection, the whole family will want to help out in the kitchen. Find all the seasonand#8217;s favorite cookies, from fun and filled goodies like Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies to inspiring decorated treats like Snowflake Mittens and delicious drop varieties like Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies. Plus, a chapter on special bars and brownies provides festive sweets that are easy to make and share, such as Holiday Toffee Bars. Bakers of all ages and experience will turn to Betty Crocker Christmas Cookies throughout the entire holiday season.
About the Author
For more than 75 years the Better Homes and Gardens brand has been one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating and crafting. Through refreshing ideas, clear directions and beautiful photographs, the brand has inspired millions of Americans, with more than 38 million books sold since 1930, including the New Cook Book, New Garden Book, and New Decorating Book--all cornerstone titles in their categories. Today, the Better Homes and Gardens brand encompasses books, magazines, television, radio and online media. The greater BH&G family includes partner brands such as Family Circle, American Patchwork and Quilting, Country Garden, and Diabetic Living, all of which publish under the BH&G imprint.
Table of Contents
10 STEPS TO YOUR BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES EVER 4
8 GREAT DECORATING HINTS 9
SUGAR SUGAR 12
PERFECTLY PEPPERMINT 30
NUTTY FOR NUTS 50
CRAZY FOR COCONUT 72
PACKED WITH PEANUT BUTTER 86
RICH, DARK & CHOCOLATE 102
COFFEE CREATIONS 124
OOEY, GOOEY CARAMEL 142
FANTASTICALLY FRUITY 158
CITRUSY SENSATIONS 178
SPOONFULS OF JELLY 198
PUMPKIN PLEASURES 218
SIMPLY SPICED 232
METRIC INFORMATION 256