Synopses & Reviews
The best of fresh, seasonal cooking from Better Homes and Gardens
As the farm-to-table movement grows, more people every day are choosing to cook healthier meals using fresh local foods. Better Homes and Gardens Fresh Cookbook presents 300 easy and creative recipes for getting the most out of your area's seasonal produce. No matter where you live, this book shows you how to prepare simple, delicious meals using the very best fresh ingredients available to you.
You'll find recipes for snacks and appetizers, breakfast, salads, soups, casseroles, main dishes, meatless meals, sides, and desserts. Plus, you'll find super-simple one-pan recipes, as well as a detailed, illustrated produce guide to help you pick the freshest and most delicious fruits and vegetables in your area.
- Features 300 fresh, flavorful recipes that are simple to prepare and impossible not to enjoy
- Illustrated with gorgeous full-color photographs of prepared dishes and produce
- Includes a section of menus to help you craft a wide variety of complete meals
From coast to coast, millions of people are discovering just how delicious and rewarding it is to cook and eat local foods. With Better Homes and Gardens Fresh Cookbook, you'll find a wealth of recipes and resources to help you eat fresh, delicious meals every day.
"... the recipes are quite wonderful and the emphasis on healthier and fresher meals is laudable." - Epicurious.com and#160; " "Fresh" from Better Homes and Gardens, is a winner, with far more creative ways to handle the embarrassment of summer" vegetables. - The Star Ledger
- 300 flavor-fresh recipes cover all cooking needs
- 100 food and 65 produce photos
- Helpful produce guide provides complete information of buying, cooking and present fruits and vegetables
- Section on growing herbs for great, inexpensive flavor
- Chapters cover: Appetizers and Snacks; Breakfast; Salads; Soups; Casseroles; One-Pan Recipes; Main Dishes; Meatless Dishes; Side Dishes; Desserts
- Menus to help plan a variety of meals
Drawing on the popularity of the farm-to-table movement and the sustained popular interest in fresh and healthy eating, this book is positioned as a cornerstone title for Better Homes and Gardens. It serves as an all-purpose cookbook with 300 recipes, plus tips, menus and a produce guide; visually driven, yet full of hard-working information. The book reflects Betterand#160;Homes andand#160;Gardens' interest in and support of using fresh, seasonal produce in an approachable and affordable manner.and#160;The content and design were fully vetted and approved by the Editor of Betterand#160;Homes andand#160;Gardens and follows the new look and feel of the magazine, where the book will receive strong support. Better Homes andand#160;Gardens sees Fresh as a standard bearer for their brand.
The updated and revised edition of America's favorite cookbook, plus a bonus section of food gifts for year-round giving
The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book has been an American favorite since 1930, selling 40 million copies through fourteen editions. This new food gifts edition includes the complete 15th Edition as well as inspiring projects for creating personalized food gifts that are sure to charm friends and family. Each of the projects shown includes two recipes perfectly suited to tuck inside each package idea, making this the perfect book for gift-givers who love to cook.
- Contains 30 new creative package ideas that are easy and fun to create
- Showcases projects that use easy-to-find materials and include step-by-step instructions for success
- Provides how-to photos for recipes and craft ideas that require more description for success
- Includes 60 new recipes for projects, including cookies and bars, breads, cupcakes, jams, jellies, casseroles, soups, and much more
- Features the entire 15th Edition of the New Cook Book
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.