Synopses & Reviews
- Creating a beautiful, tranquil escape at home has never been easier, thanks to the helpful advice from the experts at Better Homes & Gardens.
- Hundreds of water garden projects, complete with handy shopping lists for tools, plant-by-numbers plans, and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions to guide from inspiration to execution.
- More than 500 beautiful full-color photos throughout, including helpful step-by-step photos to guide the reader through critical steps and innovative project ideas.
- Intro chapter includes a primer on the types of water gardens, from ponds and pools to fountains, rain gardens, and even creeks and channels.
- Comprehensive chapters cover all the basics, from guidance on selecting tools and materials, to simple installation techniques and steps for maintenance. Special section focuses on wildlife in water gardens, including fish.
- Tips from the Garden Doctor throughout the help troubleshoot common problems
- Includes helpful seasonality charts and comprehensive encyclopedic listings of water plants to easily identify where they grow and how to care for them.
- An entire chapter of plant-by-numbers plans will provide step-by-step guidance and inspiration for home garden designs.
The complete guide to water gardens, from ponds and pools to streams, fountains, waterfalls, rain gardens, bog gardens, and more
There's nothing more calming than a beautiful, tranquil water garden and now, it's easier than ever to plan and create your own water garden at home. Better Homes and Gardens® Water Gardening gives you dozens of projects, complete with handy shopping lists, plant-by-number plans, and easy-to-follow instructions to guide you from inspiration to completion.
You'll find comprehensive chapters covering all the basics of water gardening, including tips on selecting materials, simple installation techniques, basic maintenance steps, and much more.
- Includes more than 325 gorgeous color photos throughout, including step-by-step photos to guide you through the critical steps in projects
- Includes helpful seasonal-care charts and an encyclopedic listing of water garden and companion plants to help you easily identify where they grow best and how to care for them
- Features an entire chapter of plant-by-number water garden plans that are easy and simple to make, as well as tips from the Better Homes and Gardens Garden Doctor throughout
With this comprehensive, easy-to-use guide, creating your own beautiful, soothing water garden at home has never been easier.
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.