Synopses & Reviews
A TRUSTED CLASSIC MADE NEW
America's most trusted cookbook is now better than ever! Representing its most thorough revision ever, the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition includes hundreds of new recipes, three new chapters and icons that showcase how we cook today—faster, healthier and with many more flavors. New features celebrate the book's expertise and heritage with repertoire-building recipe lessons and fresh twists on American classics. You'll find:
- Nearly 1,100 all-new full color photographs throughout, including 350 step-by-step photos giving guidance on everything from carving a turkey to making cheesecake
- 1,500 recipes, with icons that flag those that are fast (20 minutes or less), lower calorie, and more. Special icons indicate ideas contributed by BettyCrocker.com members
- Fresh New Features including Learn to Make recipes—like a personalized cooking school—that teach how to prepare dishes every cook needs to know, like Roast Turkey, Apple Pie, and Macaroni and Cheese; Heirloom Recipe and New Twist, which feature beloved classics like Creamy Potato Salad, paid with fresh twists like Southwest Sweet Potato Salad
- Three New Chapters: a chapter on Entertaining, which covers wine, beer, and cocktails, plus recipes perfect for your next dinner party; a Do-it-Yourself chapter, which covers canning and pickling, making jams and preserves, freezing, dehydrating, and more; and Breakfast and Brunch, which includes fast options like pancakes and scrambled eggs as well as special dishes like stuffed French toast and Cheese Soufflé.
- Bonus online content: Throughout the book, you'll find icons linking to an exclusive area on BettyCrocker.com, where bonus videos show how to make over 40 of the dishes in this book, how-to videos, and bonus additional recipes on topics such as holiday cookies, flavor twists for roast turkey, cupcakes, and more—all to enhance the essential content in your Betty Crocker Cookbook.
- All the fantastic reference content that has made Betty Crocker Cookbook a must-have kitchen resource for decades—from timetables for cooking meat and vegetables, to gorgeous all-new ID photos showing and array of ingredients from chile peppers to tropical fruits, grains, meats, and more.
With nearly 1,100 gorgeous new photos and 1,500 recipes, as well as invaluable cooking guidance, The BIG RED Cookbook is the one kitchen companion every cook needs.
A TRUSTED CLASSIC MADE NEW New Design and Photography More than 1,000 all-new full color photographs throughout, and a bold, contemporary, and colorful design that brings the recipes to lifeFresh New Features include repertoire-building Learn to Make Recipes, like a personalized cooking school that covers the essential building block recipes everyone needs to know, including Macaroni and Cheese, Roast Turkey, and Apple Pie; beloved Heirloom Recipes, like Creamy Potato Salad, featured with bold New Twists, like Southwest Sweet Potato Salad; and hundreds of Mini Recipes in short paragraph form for quick bursts of inspirationMore than 1,400 recipes, with icons to flag those that are fast (30 minutes or less), lower-calorie, and more. Special icons indicate variations and ideas contributed by BettyCrocker.com members, and direct readers online for additional photos, videos, recipes, and more information on specific topics, like making Homemade BreadMember Contributions from loyal BettyCrocker.com fans, who have the opportunity to get their great new ideas printed in the Betty Crocker Cookbook for the first time, including ideas for new twists on heirloom recipes and suggestions for mini recipes. The best will be printed in the cookbook, along with suggestions from the Betty Crocker Test KitchensThree All-New Chapters cover the basics of Entertaining, from choosing wine and beer pairings, to finding those special recipes for your next dinner party; a Do-it-Yourself chapter, which covers the basics of making jams and preserves, freezing, making homemade yogurt, starting an herb garden, and more; Breakfast and Brunch includes fast options like pancakes and scrambled eggs as well as special selections like stuffed French toast and savory Frittatas.
America's most trusted cookbook in a handy spiral-bound paper edition!
Here is a lay-flat, spiral paperback edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Editionand#8212;the book's most thorough revision in sixty yearsand#8212;with hundreds of new recipes, three new chapters, and icons that showcase how we cook todayand#8212;faster, healthier, and with many more flavors.
New features celebrate the book's expertise and heritage with repertoire-building recipe lessons and fresh twists on American classics. With 1,100 gorgeous all-new photos and 1,500 recipes, as well as invaluable cooking guidance, The Big Red Cookbook is better and more comprehensive than ever before. The book features:
- Exclusive content at BettyCrocker.com for cookbook buyers: 80 videos and 400 bonus recipes
- 1,500 recipes, 50 percent new to this edition
- 1,100 all-new full-color photosand#8212;more than three times the number in the previous editionand#8212;including 350 step-by-step photos
- Bold, contemporary, and colorful design
- Three new chapters on Breakfast and Brunch, Do It Yourself (including canning, preserving and pickling) and Entertaining (including cocktails and party treats)
- New feature: Learn to Make recipes giving visual lessons on preparing essential dishes like Roast Turkey and Apple Pie, with icons directing readers to bonus videos on BettyCrocker.com
- New feature: Heirloom Recipe and New Twist showcase classic recipes paired with a fresh twist, with icons directing readers to bonus videos on BettyCrocker.com
- "Mini" recipes giving quick bursts of inspiration in short paragraph form
With 65 million copies sold and still going strong, the Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition is the one kitchen companion every home cook needs.
America's Most Trusted Cookbook Made New
Here is our best edition ever! Fully revised with all-new photography, hundreds of new recipes and more cooking guidance than ever before, the 11th edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook gives you the best of what you need to cook today. It's filled to the brim with classic andfresh ideas, helpful techniques and great features. Whether you're an experienced cook or just finding your way around the kitchen, THE BIG RED COOKBOOK is the only book you need for foolproof recipes, reliable how-to advice and delicious inspiration.
A special bonus edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook binder featuring Box Tops for Education, including new recipes and photos, and 10 Box Tops coupons
This 11th edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook is the most thorough update in the bookand#39;s 60-year history, with 1,100 all-new photos, 1,500 recipes, a fully contemporized design and features that highlight the heritage and expertise of this trusted classic.and#160;An exclusive bonus area on BettyCrocker.com features 80 videos demonstrating recipes and techniques from the book, plus 400 additional recipes just for Bigand#160;Red consumers.
Earn money for your childand#8217;s school with this special edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook
Team up with Betty Crocker and Box Tops for Education, a nationwide program that helps parents earn money for schools. A bonus section at the front shows how to get involved and offers recipes ideal for baking with kidsand#8212;each using a product containing a Box Top that can be clipped and saved.
Following that is the entire 11th edition of the cookbook. Filled with 1,500 classic and new recipes and 1,100 gorgeous photos, as well as invaluable cooking guidance, The Big Red Cookbook is better and more comprehensive than ever before. The book features:
and#8226;and#160;A new 32-page section of family baking favorites, each using at least one Box Top product
and#8226;and#160;Bonus recipes and photos, such as Bear Cookie Pops, Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies and Whole Grain Banana Bread
and#8226;and#160;10 Box Tops free inside!
and#8226;and#160;1,500 recipes, over half new to this edition
and#8226;and#160;1,100 beautiful photos, including 350 step-by-step photos
and#8226;and#160;Three new chapters on Breakfast and Brunch, Do It Yourself (including canning, preserving and pickling) and Entertaining (including cocktails and party treats)
and#8226;and#160;Great features: Learn to Make essential recipes like Apple Pie and Roast Turkey; plus Heirloom Recipes paired with fresh new twists
and#8226;and#160;A Learn with Betty feature showing how to make the perfect cake, muffin, and other foods, including what can go wrong
and#8226;and#160;Mini recipesand#160; giving quick bursts of inspiration in short paragraph form
and#8226;and#160;Access to 85 online videos demonstrating recipes and techniques from the book, as well as hundreds of bonus recipes
Filled with classic and fresh ideas, beautiful photos and great features, this is the only book you need to enjoy a lifetime of great cooking and to nurture that love in your little ones.
Box Tops for Education is a nationwide initiative that helps parents earn money for their childrenand#8217;s schools by clipping the familiar pink Box Tops coupons from hundreds of products; more than 90,000 Kand#8211;8 schools participate, and more than $74 million was raised for schoolsand#160;in the 2011-2012 school year. In this special edition of the classic Betty Crocker Cookbook, Betty Crocker teams up with BTFE to offer fun and delicious ways to earn money for your school.and#160;It includes the entire 11th edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook, with 1,500 recipes and 1,100 photos, plus a specially designed bonus section of scrumptious baked treatsand#8212;such as Brownie Pops, Yogurt-Bran Muffins, and Baseball Game Cupcakesand#8212;many of which are ideal for making with kids. Each new recipe indicates the Box Tops products used and number ofand#160;coupons earned. The book also highlights the best products for collecting Box Tops any time you cook, and even comes with 10 Box Top coupons.
About the Author
With more than 63 million cookbooks sold since 1950, Betty Crocker is the name readers trust for reliable, tasty, easy-to-prepare recipes and great ideas. For over 75 years, Betty Crocker has provided advice to millions of Americans through cookbooks, magazines, radio, and television. With cooking literacy at an all-time low and Betty Crocker's high brand recognition (100% consumer awareness), this book is the perfect partnership to capture the targeted young audience of inexperienced cooks who need a trusted teacher to build their kitchen.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: Getting Started 5
CHAPTER 2: Appetizers & Beverages 41
CHAPTER 3: Breakfast & Brunch 71
CHAPTER 4: Breads 95
CHAPTER 5: Cakes, Pies & Tarts 129
CHAPTER 6: Cookies, Bars & Candies 175
CHAPTER 7: Desserts 209
CHAPTER 8: Do It Yourself 237
CHAPTER 9: Entertaining 257
CHAPTER 10: Fish & Shellfish 277
CHAPTER 11: Grilling & Smoking 301
CHAPTER 12: Meats 327
CHAPTER 13: Pasta 365
CHAPTER 14: Poultry 393
CHAPTER 15: Rice, Grains & Beans 425
CHAPTER 16: Salads & Salad Dressings 449
CHAPTER 17: Sauces, Seasonings & Condiments 477
CHAPTER 18: Slow Cooker Suppers 503
CHAPTER 19: Soups, Sandwiches & Pizzas 525
CHAPTER 20: 20 Minutes or Less 551
CHAPTER 21: Vegetables & Fruits 573
CHAPTER 22: Vegetarian 615
HELPFUL NUTRITION AND COOKING INFORMATION 685