Synopses & Reviews
Experience authentic Indian Home Cooking with Raghavan Iyer and Betty Crocker!
If you love Indian food and want to cook it yourself or are interested in new flavors and dishes, everything you'll want to know to cook authentic yet accessible Indian food is right here. Complete with a pantry guide to ingredients and a glossary of spices and utensils, Betty Crocker Indian Home Cooking takes you on a tour of India's rich cuisine and culture. You'll love the recipes, carefully translated for the American cook by expert chef Raghavan Iyer and complete with captivating photos and personal insights.
This enticing collection of more than 180 authentic Indian recipes and more than 85 beautiful color photos includes:
Traditional Indian Favorites:
- Punjabi Samosas Pastry Shells with Spiced Potatoes
- Roghan Josh Almond-Lamb Curry
- Tandoori Murghi Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Chai Darjeeling Tea with Cardamom
Authentic Regional Specialties:
- Malai Maach Grilled Fish with Garlic and Cream
- Sorpotel Pork in Cashew-Pepper Curry
- Avial Mixed Vegetable Stew with Coconut
- Uttapam Rice-Lentil Pancakes
Versatile Vegetarian Options:
- Saag Paneer Homemade Cheese with Spinach
- Baingan Bhurta Grilled Eggplant Pâté
- Rajmah North Indian Chili
- Aloo Biryani Layered Rice-Potato Pilaf
The best of authentic Indian home cooking, now in paperback
In this new paperback edition of Betty Crocker Indian Home Cooking, author Raghavan Iyer and the experts at Betty Crocker offer the perfect cookbook for beginners and intermediate cooks who want to try their hand at this wonderful, flavorful cuisine. These easy-to-use recipes make it easy, while Iyer offers the context and perspective that lets home cooks understand how the cuisine developed from the culture.
- Includes more than 180 authentic, delicious Indian recipes with 84 mouthwatering full-color photographs
- Takes readers on a tour of India's people, monuments, and landscape through captivating photos and tidbits of cultural knowledge
- Explains all the basic elements of Indian cuisine, including the herbs, spices, and legumes, as well as common items in the Indian home pantry
For anyone who loves Indian food and wants to try preparing it herself or anyone looking for a delicious change of pace for family dinners, Betty Crocker Indian Home Cooking offers delicious satisfaction.
About the Author
With more than 63 million cookbooks sold since 1950, BETTY CROCKER is the name readers trust for reliable recipes and great ideas. For over 75 years, Betty Crocker has provided advice to millions of Americans through cookbooks, magazines and television.