Synopses & Reviews
Betty Crocker and Bisquick®
The perfect match for delicious recipes and great short-cut solutions Want to whip up a batch of no-fail biscuits, light and fluffy pancakes or oh-so-scrumptious shortcake? Look no furtherall your most requested recipes, plus some flavorful new ideas like Tuscan Chicken Torta, and Frozen Tiramisu Squares, are here in one great cookbook! You'll also find helpful how-to photos and tips for making Bisquick basics like waffles, muffins and dumplings perfect every time. But it doesn't stop there! Bisquick is so versatile that we've jam-packed this book with 140 out-of-this-world recipes. We've included a chapter of all your favoritesjust made lighterand a special chapter of recipes for kids to guarantee hours of fun in the kitchen. Plus, you'll love the amazing section of Impossibly Easy Pies! And you can see exactly what you're making because every recipe in the book is accompanied by a beautiful color photograph. In addition, you can take a trip down memory lane with the charming box designs and newspaper and magazine advertisements that illustrate Bisquick's fascinating story, which began in 1930. You'll see firsthand how Bisquick has changed and grown with America's needs, from its invention in 1930 and into the future. Here are just some of the recipes you find inside Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook
- Best-Ever Breakfast: Gingerbread Pancakes, Lemon-Blueberry Wraps, Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
- Savory Snacks and Breads: Hot n Spicy Chicken Drummies, Zucchini Bites, Triple Cheese Flatbread
- Family-Pleasing Dinners: Sloppy Joe Bake, Thai Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce, California Pizza
- Impossibly Easy Pies: Impossibly Easy Taco Pie, Impossibly Easy Mac n Cheese Pie
- Delicious Desserts: Strawberry Shortcakes, Velvet Crumb Cake, Caramel Turtle Bars
- Favorites Made Lighter: Quick Beef and Salsa Skillet, Glazed Lemon Bars, Peanut Butter Brownies
- In the Kitchen with Kids: Rocky Road Bars, Hot Dogs n Crescents, Nacho Pinwheels
A Betty Crocker Book Visit Betty Crocker on-line at www.bettycrocker.com and Hungry Minds on-line at www.hungryminds.com
The best Bisquick recipes are all collected in one great book--no more shuffling through loose clippings to find a favorite dish. Full-color photography and step-by-step instructions are featured, along with concealed wire-o binding for lay-flat convenience. 190+ color photos.
The 150 best Bisquick recipes, collected for the first time
Introduced in 1930, Bisquick quickly became a kitchen staple in a convenient shortcut to great biscuits, pancakes, waffles, cobblers, and other baked treats. In fact, it's now found in more than half of American kitchens. For the last 70 years, Betty Crocker has been refining Bisquick recipes as well as creating new recipes that reflect current tastes. Now, the best Bisquick recipes are collected here in one great book. No more shuffling through loose clippings, just turn to that favorite recipe! You'll find:
* A full-color photograph of every recipe
* Step-by-step illustrated instructions for such classics as waffles, biscuits and strawberry shortcake
* Concealed wiro binding that allows the book to open flat for convenient cooking
* All-time favorite Bisquick recipes flagged
* Individual chapters on low-fat recipes and kid-friendly recipes
* High-altitude directions with every recipe
From Pancakes and Biscuits to Blueberry Muffins and Impossible Pies, this beautiful full-color cookbook is just what the millions of Bisquick fans have been waiting for.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Best-Ever Breakfast.
Chapter 2: Savory Snacks and Breads.
Chapter 3: Family-Pleasing Dinners.
Chapter 4: Impossibly Easy Pies.
Chapter 5: Delicious Desserts.
Chapter 6: Favorites Made Lighter.
Chapter 7: In the Kitchen with Kids.
Helpful Nutrition and Cooking Information.
Metric Conversion Guide.