Synopses & Reviews
A colorful addition to the popular Big Book of Verbs series
What does The Big Green Book of Italian Verbs have that the competition doesn't? It has more verbs, a better selection of conjugations, more usage examples, and clearer presentation of tense formation and usage. Also, this book streamlines the learning process by indicating the principal parts and irregularities of each conjugated verb.
Destined to become the new verb bible for English students of Italian, The Big Green Book of Italian Verbs includes:
- 555 of the most useful Italian verbs, fully conjugated
- Tense names provided in English and Italian
- Example sentences for all 555 verbs
- Full facing-page of contextual sentences for the top 50 verbs
- A two-page Formation and Usage spread for each tense
- An index of the 2,700 most common verbs, cross-referenced to all 555 verbs
- A list of confusing irregular forms and their infinitives
- Plus verb tests and drills to improve competence
Containing more than 550 verbs, "The Big Green Book of Italian Verbs" has a better selection of conjugations, more usage examples, and clearer presentation of tense formation than any competing language guide.
About the Author
Katrien Maes-Christie, Ph.D. (Belgium) was recently an assistant professor of Italian at the University of Delaware and is now a lecturer in English at a university in Belgium. Daniel Franklin (Belleville, IL) is an experienced editor of Italian textbooks.