Synopses & Reviews
A world-renowned cellular biologist introduces the revolutionary science of epigenetics--a field that demonstrates how the energy of consciousness is as important as shaping life on earth as DNA and chemistry.
Looks at the processes in which cells receive information, arguing that DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell that emanate from one's positive and negative thoughts.
Since the publication of The Biology of Belief, Dr. Bruce Lipton has received widespread acclaim as one of the most accessible and knowledgeable voices of new biology. The science is called epigenetics, a revolutionary field that shows us how the energy of consciousness is as important in shaping life on earth as DNA and chemistry. In this original author adaptation, Dr. Lipton brings his clarity, insight, and humor to unveiling a profound change in how we perceive the way life works, including: How environment, including our thoughts and emotions, controls the character of every cell. Quantum physics and life: the key to understanding the bigger picture of how mind over matter works. Cooperation and evolution, moving beyond the selfish gene theory to see that a natural trend toward harmony literally shapes the biosphere. Why the oft-dismissed placebo effect is really the most powerful healing tool we have, and much more.
The next great advance in biology will change more than science textbooks it will revolutionize the way you live your life.
In the past, we've been taught that living beings are like machines run by biochemicals and DNA, explains Dr. Bruce H. Lipton. What we now know is that our entire biology is shaped by the intelligence of each of our 50 trillion cells. And the single most important way to influence them is through the energy of our beliefs.
On The Biology of Belief an original author adaptation of Dr. Lipton's revolutionary book this world-renowned cellular biologist explores the mysteries of:
- Summarize the history of biological theory and how genetic determination became a dominant theory
- Discuss Lipton's focus on the cell and how its functions relate to the human body as a whole
- Describe the functions and location of genes and proteins and the relationship between them
- Identify the differences between the conscious and subconscious minds and how they function together
- Explain how environmental stimuli influence our current immune and thinking states, and shape the contents of our brain
- The science of epigenetics why biologists must look further than DNA to find out what shapes life and how that affects you
- Bridging the gap between quantum mechanics and biology the key to knowing how your cells listen to the energy of your thoughts
- The chemistry of stress and love how your body, mind, and immune system change with each emotional state
- Turning the immense power of your subconscious mind into your most valuable tool for health and well-being, and much more
Since the publication of The Biology of Belief, Dr. Bruce H. Lipton has been widely embraced as one of the most accessible and knowledgeable voices of new biology. Now, join this pioneer of epigenetics as he takes you on a journey into the world under the microscope, through the ages of evolution, and into the miracle that is your own life.
In this original author adaptation, Dr. Lipton brings his clarity, insight, and humor to unveil a profound change in how we perceive the way life works. Unabridged. 3 CDs.