Synopses & Reviews
Birds of the Willamette Valley Region
is an identification guide for the birds of the greater Willamette Valley area.
The Species Account pages provide color photographs of over 200 local birds and have a companion page with key information about each bird.
A Quick Guide to Local Birds provides an easy color-coded means to find birds in the book.
Common Local Birds shows photographs of the most common birds in the Willamette Valley region.
There are a number of sections of the book designed for the beginning birder:
· Identifying Birds (how to tell one bird from another)
· Selecting Binoculars (explains how to select the proper
· Attracting Birds to Your Yard (key facts about seed, feeders,
water, shelter, and nest boxes)
· Observing Birds (when and where to find birds)
· Bird Habitats in the Willamette Valley Region (describes the
different habitats of the area; gives examples)
· Birding Around Willamette Valley (the top birding spots)
· Helpful Resources (where to get more information)
· Index/Checklist of the Willamette Valley Birds (use this checklist to record your bird sightings)
A pocket-sized photographic guide to the birds of the Willamette Valley region with full-page color photographs of each bird and accompanying identification information. Covers over 200 birds located in the 9 counties of the valley but also covers the birds of Southwest Washington. Includes the basics of bird watching, attracting birds to your yard, selecting binoculars, and a regional checklist. Written by local birding experts ? perfect for beginning and intermediate birders.