Synopses & Reviews
Join the creator of The Black Apple, Emily Martin, on a trip through her magical world of paper dolls, imaginary places, and clever craft projects.
Inside this book you'll find 21 sweet, mysterious characters with clothes and accessories all their own — from a busy beekeeper's daughter to a bird-loving librarian. You'll also find 16 dolls ready to be designed and brought to life by you Emily will show you how to draw, paint, and personalize your way to a little paper replica of anyone you'd like.
With basic art supplies and the instructions in the book, you'll also learn to:
- Make a custom wedding invitation or holiday card
- Color, cut, paste, and frame a unique family portrait
- Design your own paper clothes, shoes, glasses, and the like
- Cut and fold an armoire for doll-sized clothes
- Build a paper theater using one of the TK illustrated backdrops
- Direct a stop-motion film with jointed paper doll actors
- And so much more!
So sharpen your scissors and get ready for a unique and wonderful adventure.
"This book is packed full of loveliness...all with Emily's unique blend of irreverent sweetness. Please be seated with smelling salts nearby: Fainting might occur. It's that good." Amy Karol, author of Bend-the-Rules Sewing and Bend-the-Rules with Fabric