Synopses & Reviews
The Complete Guide to Creative Landscapes
represents a new, innovative way to look at the yard and landscape. Up until now, landscapes have been considered mostly ornamental, and average homeowners were thought to be incapable of designing and creating a great landscape. This book will change all that. In refreshingly simple and practical language, The Complete Guide to Creative Landscapes
teaches the seven secrets of good landscape design, shows how to plan a stylish landscape that meets practical family needs, and teaches readers how to build a functional, beautiful landscape. With this innovative method, readers will learn how to create a new or "remodeled" landscape consisting of outdoor "rooms" dedicated to various lifestyle activities. A landscape built using this method will be attractive and stylish-but more important, it will provide practical outdoor living space.
In addition, readers will learn how to put the finishing touches on a new landscape, thanks to comprehensive plans and directions for more than 20 beautiful and ingenious garden ornaments-ranging from simple cedar planter boxes to elegant copper archways and trellises.
- Includes more than 60 how-to projects that can be built with ordinary materials available at any home center. Each project includes complete directions and step-by-step photography.
- Includes a wide range of projects, from the very simple (creating a planting bed) to major hardscape features (building a retaining wall).
- Refreshingly simple and practical approach to the principles of landscape design-a book that is useful, not intimidating.
- The only "big book" of landscaping that includes a section on building garden ornaments.
- Innovative book design features an exciting blend of state-of-the-art color photography and elegant, hand-crafted illustrations.
- Contains a reference appendix, that includes helpful web sites, manufacturers, and an additional reading list. Also includes a complete index.
More than 60 how-to projects that can be built using materials available at any home center are included.
About the Author
Bryan has written and edited more than fifty home improvement and gardening books. He is the author of Landscape Design and Construction, and Designing Your Outdoor Home.