Synopses & Reviews
Got a new BlackBerry? Improve your learning curve with this book!
Your BlackBerry Curve is like a laptop that fits in your pocket if you know how to use all its features. And you will, after reading this book! You get a complete guide to basic BlackBerry features, plus information on how to organize your appointments and contacts, manage your e-mail, send PIN-to-PIN messages, record and play videos, sync with your desktop, and more.
- BlackBerry 101 learn the parts of your Curve, how to navigate the QWERTY keyboard, and important security tips
Get organized set up your contacts, appointments, and reminders
What's the password? use Password Keeper to centralize your passwords so they're easier to remember
E-mail 4Ever maximize BlackBerry's always-on e-mail plus the advantages of text and instant messaging
You are where? find your location with your Curve's GPS feature
Master the media listen to music, record and watch videos, and snap and view photos
Meet Desktop Manager use it to make backups, install apps from your desktop, and sync your data
All those apps locate and download must-have applications from BlackBerry App World
Open the book and find:
- Why your BlackBerry works around the world
A primer on messaging etiquette
The advantages of PIN-to-PIN messaging
Timesaving shortcuts for media applications
Web surfing tips
How to use BlackBerry Messenger
Tips for backing up and restoring your information
BlackBerry Curve For Dummies is a practical user's guide to the BlackBerry Curve smartphone, and will cover all current and newly introduced models of the Blackberry Curve. The book covers a range of pragmatic and how-to topics, from the most useful features and tricks of the core BlackBerry applications to techniques to get the most Internet out of your BlackBerry. The book covers:
- Getting acquainted with your new Curve, whether for the first time or as an upgrade to the newest Curves
- Getting organized with your BlackBerry
- Managing your appointments and meetings with the Calendar
- Creating and managing your To-Do list
- Getting online and surfing the web
- Managing email
- Navigation tips and shortcuts for the BlackBerry Curve
- Synching your BlackBerry with your desktop
- Power usage and consumption
- Taking great pictures with your BlackBerry
- Interconnecting BlackBerry applications
- Getting multimedia with your BlackBerry
- Taking advantage of the expandable memory
- Essential (and free) applications on your BlackBerry
In addition, the authors explain business tools, utilities, games, and great sites that deliver what they need when they need it.
The BlackBerry is no longer just a phone or an email device, but rather a laptop replacement
Get the most from your BlackBerry Curve with this easy-to-understand reference
The BlackBerry Curve smartphone is the most popular BlackBerry model sold by Research in Motion. It boasts an optical trackpad, dedicated media keys, easy media sharing, Mac compatibility, iTunes synchronization, a camera, Wi-Fi calling, and extended battery life—to name just a few features. This fun, friendly, and easy-to-understand book is a practical guide to the BlackBerry Curve and covers an array of how-to topics to help you get the most out of this exciting handheld device.
You'll learn the parts of the Curve, how to navigate the QWERTY keyboard, set up contacts and make appointments, download the latest applications, take great pictures, take advantage of the expandable memory, and much more.
- Serves as a practical, hands-on guide to the BlackBerry Curve smartphoneCovers all current and newly introduced models of the BlackBerry Curve
- Shows how to get online and surf the Web, manage e-mail, and create a to-do list
- Demonstrates navigation tips and shortcuts
- Guides you through upgrades to the newest Curve models
- Explains how to take advantage of the expandable memory, get multimedia, and download apps from BlackBerry App World
- Walks you through syncing your BlackBerry with your desktop
Avoid the learning curve with this helpful guide to the BlackBerry Curve!
About the Author
Robert Kao has created numerous applications on the BlackBerry platform and founded a mobile startup. Dante Sarigumba has written several BlackBerry applications and is cohost of a regular podcast, "Mobile Computing Authority." They are coauthors of all previous editions of BlackBerry For Dummies.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting Started with BlackBerry Curve.
Chapter 1: Can’t Go Wrong with the Best-Selling Smartphone.
Chapter 2: Navigating the BlackBerry Curve.
Chapter 3: Turning On Your BlackBerry Curve —and Keeping It Happy.
Part II: Organizing with Curve.
Chapter 4: Remembering and Locating Your Acquaintances.
Chapter 5: Never Miss Another Appointment.
Chapter 6: Setting Alarms and Keeping Your Passwords.
Chapter 7: Calling Your Favorite Person.
Part III: Getting Online with Your Curve.
Chapter 8: You’ve Got (Lots of) E-Mail.
Chapter 9: Too Cool for E-Mail.
Chapter 10: Instant Messaging on BlackBerry Messenger.
Chapter 11: Surfi ng the Internet Wave.
Part IV: Music, Pictures, and Movies on Your Curve.
Chapter 12: Getting Around with Your BlackBerry GPS.
Chapter 13: Taking Great Pictures and Capturing Videos.
Chapter 14: Satisfy Your Senses with Media Player.
Chapter 15: Managing Media Files.
Part V: Working with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Chapter 16: Syncing the Synchronize Way.
Chapter 17: Switching Devices.
Chapter 18: Protecting Your Information.
Chapter 19: Installing and Managing Third-Party Applications.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Great BlackBerry Accessories.
Chapter 21: Ten Must-Have Applications.
Chapter 22: Ten Important Types of Web Sites.