Synopses & Reviews
Get in touch with all the things your cool touch-screen BlackBerry can do!
Are you upgrading from an earlier BlackBerry, or did you hold out for the touch-screen model? Either way, this book is the perfect partner to help you get all your BlackBerry Storm has to offer. From using the touch screen to tracking your contacts to taking photos, the information is ripe for the picking!
Start with the BlackBerry basics customize your Storm, learn to navigate the touch screen, manage power consumption, and protect your device
Organize your life set up your contacts, keep notes, synchronize lists with your desktop, and manage your calendar
Keep in touch communicate with e-mail, PIN-to-PIN and instant messaging, and phone calls
Surf's up browse the Internet your way and keep track of key sites
Satisfy your senses play music and videos, take pictures or mini-movies, and tune in the news
Find yourself learn what you need to activate Storm's built-in GPS and use Google Maps or BlackBerry Map
Stay on the same page synchronize your Storm with your desktop so your data is consistent wherever you go
Include bells and whistles install and manage third-party applications
Open the book and find:
An overview of how your BlackBerry works
Tips for tapping and thumbing the touch screen
How to use SMS and MMS messaging on your Storm
Secrets for taking great photos and videos
Ways to get the most from the calendar function
How to go online at any time
Ten programs to include on your Storm
How to secure your personal information
BlackBerry "X" For Dummies focuses solely on this new and exciting product. This book is a practical user's guide to the BlackBerry "X", covering
* Learning to use the new touch-screen
* Getting organized with your BlackBerry "X"
* Entering and maintaining your contacts in the Address Book
* Managing your appointments and meetings with the Calendar
* Creating and managing your To-Do list
* Interconnecting BlackBerry "X" applications
* Getting online and surfing the web
* Managing email
* Multitasking with the built-in phone along with other BlackBerry "X" applications
* Synching with your desktop
* Setting up and managing RSS feeds
* Power usage and consumption
* Taking great pictures with BlackBerry "X"
* Taking full advantage of the multimedia features
The long-awaited BlackBerry Storm is here! Take advantage of all the cool things your new touch-screen BlackBerry can do with BlackBerry Storm For Dummies
Your BlackBerry Storm can help you organize your calendar, surf the Internet, and stay in constant contact. it even works like a modem for your laptop. BlackBerry Storm For Dummies shows you how to unlock all of the exciting capabilities of your BlackBerry Storm. You’ll discover how to:
- Customize your BlackBerry Storm, learn to navigate the touch screen, manage power consumption, and protect your device
- Set up your contacts, keep notes, synchronize lists with your desktop, and manage your calendar
- Keep in touch with e-mail, PIN-to-PIN and instant messaging, and phone calls
- Browse the Internet and keep track of key sites
- Play music and videos, take pictures or mini-movies, and tune in the news
- Activate Storm’s built-in GPS and use Google Maps or BlackBerry Map
- Synchronize your BlackBerry with your desktop so your data is consistent wherever you go
- Prepare your laptop to use your BlackBerry Storm as a modem
- Install and manage third-party applications
- Keep your personal information safe
You’ll find tips for tapping and thumbing the touch screen, secrets for taking great photos and videos, and even fun games to play on your Storm. Whether you’re upgrading from an earlier model or you just got your first BlackBerry, BlackBerry Storm For Dummies helps you utilize everything this handy device has to offer.
About the Author
Robert Kao has been developing extensively on the BlackBerry handheld platform for an investment bank in New York City. Dante Sarigumba has more than 12 years of experience in developing software on an array of environments, and cohosts a biweekly podcast called Mobile Computing Authority.
Table of Contents
Part I: Meeting and Greeting Your BlackBerry Storm.
Chapter 1: Your BlackBerry Is NOT an Edible Fruit.
Chapter 2: Navigating the BlackBerry.
Chapter 3: Whipping Up a Storm of Your Own.
Part II: Getting Organized with Your Storm.
Chapter 4: Remembering and Locating Your Acquaintances.
Chapter 5: Keeping Your Appointments.
Chapter 6: Making Notes and Calculations.
Part III: Getting Multimedia and Online with Your Storm.
Chapter 7: You’ve Got (Lots of) E-Mail.
Chapter 8: Too Cool for E-Mail.
Chapter 9: Surfi ng the Internet Wave.
Chapter 10: Calling Your Favorite Person.
Chapter 11: Taking Great Pictures with Your Storm.
Chapter 12: Satisfying Your Senses with the Media Player.
Chapter 13: Getting around with BlackBerry GPS.
Part IV: Working with Desktop Manager.
Chapter 14: Syncing the Synchronize Way.
Chapter 15: Switching Devices.
Chapter 16: Protecting Your Information.
Chapter 17: Installing and Managing Third-Party Applications.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 18: Ten Great BlackBerry Storm Accessories.
Chapter 19: Ten Must-Have BlackBerry Programs.
Chapter 20: Ten Web Site Categories for Storm Browsing.