Synopses & Reviews
The Buckhorn Springs Heritage Cookbook
contains a historic account of Buckhorn Springs resort, nestled in the foothills of Oregon’s Cascade and Siskiyou mountains. Healthy, seasonal recipes from the Sargent family’s 21 years in the kitchen are coupled with Buckhorn’s restoration and rich history. Take a look inside to discover all the favorite recipes returning guests look forward to year after year.
- Find out why people have used Buckhorn since theywere first in the Rogue Valley, and why the land was a sacred, safe zone for the Native Americans.
- Learn about the mystery behind the free expression of Carbon Dioxide.
- Over 100 new recipes with many mouth-watering color photographs.
- Personal stories from group leaders, guests, Buckhorn workers, and more.
- Historic photographs include before and after and a 100+ year series of the Lodge.
“A century of loving history and twenty years of delicious recipes: Buckhorn’s many guests, friends and others will be delighted to have Buckhorn Springs Heritage Cookbook to treasure.” Lama Yeshe and Lama Pema, Kagyu Sukha Choling Meditation Center
“Thank you for your dedication to keep the magic of Buckhorn Springs alive. You allow many people to find peace in their busy lives — you make the world a better and much, much more delicious place." Irene Augsburger, returning guest
“This book is the [Sargent] family’s answer to years of requests for its wholesome recipes. As you would expect, the emphasis is on local, seasonal and organic. But we liked that the recipes are deliciously balanced between celebrity spa cuisine and hippie-commune fare. We felt healthier just reading them.” Katherine Miller , The Oregonian