Synopses & Reviews
“Get ready for your taste buds to explode.”—Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Can’t imagine living without cheese? Convinced that dairy-free baked goods just don’t cut it? Hate the taste of tofu and not a fan of boring salads? EXCUSES, BE GONE!
Blogger-author extraordinaire Kristy Turner deliciously refutes every excuse you’ve ever heard with 125 bursting-with-flavor vegan recipes for every meal of the day—including dessert!
- “All those special ingredients are way more expensive.” Not when you can make your own Homemade Seitan, Barbecue Sauce, Zesty Ranch Dressing, and Tofu Sour Cream.
- “I could never give up cheese!” You won’t miss it at all with Tempeh Bacon Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Pecan Parmesan, Tofu Chèvre, Citrus-Herb Roasted Beets with Macadamia Ricotta, or Mushroom Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
- “What about brunch?” Chickpea Scramble Breakfast Tacos, Lemon Cornmeal Waffles with Blueberry Sauce, and Caramel Apple-Stuffed French Toast are vegan breakfasts of champions!
- “My friends won’t want to come over for dinner.” They will when they get a taste of Carrot Cashew Pâté, Portobello Carpaccio, and Gnocchi alla Vodka.
- “But I scream for ice cream!” Then you’ll shriek over Dark Chocolate Sorbet, Mango Lassi Ice Cream, and from-scratch Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream Sandwiches.
If you’re a waffling vegan newbie, on-the-fence vegetarian, or veg-curious omnivore, this book will banish your doubts. You’ll find you can
get enough protein, fit in at a potluck, learn to love cauliflower, and enjoy pizza, nachos, brownies, and more—without any animal products at all. (Even vegan pros will discover some new tricks!)
Colorful photographs throughout will have you salivating over Kristy’s inventive, easy-to-follow recipes. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and leave your excuses at the door!
For almost-vegans who need a push--and omnivores with a wealth of reasons not to go vegan--a mouth-watering cookbook that overturns every excuse!
"I couldn't live without cheese." "Tofu doesn't taste like anything." "You can't bake without butter or eggs." These statements have two things in common: 1) They're kneejerk excuses to avoid cooking and eating vegan food. 2) They're totally wrong! But convincing a veggiephobe takes more than words--it takes proof.
In But I Could Never Go Vegan!, rising vegan star Kristy Turner good-humoredly counters every possible omnivore's dilemma--with recipes whose appeal cannot be denied. Each chapter tackles a new excuse not to go vegan: Think it's all rabbit food? The BBQ Bacon Burger proves it's not. Don't want to give up chocolate, ice cream, or pizza? Then don't! Enjoy Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse Tart, Dulce de Leche Ice Cream, or Roasted Garlic White Pizza with Macadamia Ricotta.
Throughout, full-page photographs show just how inviting vegan cuisine can be, and Turner's warm tone and easy-to-follow recipes keep readers tuned in. No need to nag--the food says it all.
Vegan expert Robin Robertson presents 100 of the most inspiring and essential vegan recipes in this must-have, beautifully photographed kitchen companion.
About the Author
A self-described former “die-hard cheese nerd,” Kristy Turner is now the writer, recipe developer, and food stylist behind the vegan food blog Keepin’ It Kind. Once a professional fromagier and mutterer of the words, “I could never be vegan,” Kristy now loves her compassionate lifestyle and works with her photographer husband, Chris, to make veganism accessible, fun, and delicious for everyone.