Synopses & Reviews
MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) is an interactive learning environment where students APPLY what they learn. This easy-to-use lab will help you discover your learning strengths and weaknesses and build the skills you need to succeed in college. You can track your academic and personal growth, develop self-awareness, practice study and self-management skills, and learn to set and monitor goals in this course and beyond.
The lab includes these features:
· Course level assessment – Take a pre- and post-course test to gauge your progress.
· Topic level assessment—Not all topics take the same amount of time to master. Review objectives and take a topic pre-test so you can spend less time on areas you understand—and more time on topics where you need extra help.
· E-book with multimedia – For text-specific sites, simply click on the MyStudentSuccessLab icons in the e-book to gain access to content, including interactive chapter features, video, weblinks, journal prompts, self-assessments, chapter exercises and more.
· Interactive Case Study – Practice your decision making skills with these interactive scenarios. Each case requires you to apply skills and strategies you’ve learned in the course—such as time management, critical thinking, and listening--to solve problems. At the end of the scenario, you’ll get constructive feedback about each choice you made as you worked through the case.
· Goal Tracker and Journaling tool – Our unique Goal Tracker and Journaling tool will help you learn to set realistic goals as you move through each chapter—and keep track of your progress in reaching those goals. It will also help you discover what’s stopping you from meeting your objectives—and what will help you succeed.
· Chapter comprehension test – After reading a chapter, take a post-test to check your comprehension. You can choose from multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, short answer, and essay questions.
· Understanding Plagiarism guide, Prentice Hall Planner, Student Reflection Journal, 10 Ways to Fight Hate, Student Success Supersite, Dictionary Of Contemporary English Online, and Beginning Your Career
MyStudentSuccessLab allows you to set your own pace, build self awareness, and practice what you need and set personal goals so you can succeed in college, career, and life.
“This is much better than other texts currently available. The information is overall more relevant, theory-based, and applicable.”
-- Phyllis Bickers, Auburn University
Discover your potential and apply what you learn with MyStudentSuccessLab; a unique, valuable online learning tool that builds college success and career development skills.
Key Features -
- E-book with multimedia — Access to content, including interactive chapter features, video, weblinks, journal prompts, self-assessments, chapter exercises and more.
- Interactive Case Studies — Each case requires you to apply skills and strategies you’ve learned in the course to solve real world problems.
- Journaling and Goal Setting— Learn to set realistic goals and track your progress in reaching those goals.
- Flashcards — Practice and review what you’re learning for each topic/skill.
- Chapter assessments— Check your comprehension.
Outcomes - Engages through experience, develops practical skills, and sharpens problem-solving abilities
Resources - Understanding Plagiarism guide, Prentice Hall Planner, Student Reflection Journal, 10 Ways to Fight Hate, Student Success Supersite, Dictionary of Contemporary English Online, and Beginning Your Career
MyStudentSuccessLab allows you to assess your needs, set your own pace to practice, and apply what you learn to reach your goals and succeed in college, career, and life.
How do students approach career decisions and a job search in today’s world? With 30 years of cutting-edge author expertise, this book helps students of all ages and circumstances to choose, change, or confirm career choices. This best-selling workbook shows students how to bridge their idealism with today's career realities and economy. It is user-friendly, easy to read, and is suitable for both 2-year and 4-year college students. The organization of the book follows the standard sequence of career search and decision-making issues—Personal Assessment, The World of Work, and The Job Search. The instructor gets a book that can be used in short term courses, workshops, full semester courses or in online courses. The student gets an excellent reference book that prepares them for the job search and beyond.
Looking for a ready-made way to integrate technology into your College Success or Career Development course? MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) is an interactive student learning environment where students have the opportunity to ASSESS, PRACTICE, and APPLY what they learn.
This self-guided lab helps students discover their learning strengths and weaknesses and build the skills they need to succeed in college. Students can track their academic and personal growth throughout the course, develop self-awareness, practice study and self-management skills outside of class, and learn to set goals. Allows students to assess their needs, set their own pace to practice, and apply what they learn to reach their goals and succeed in college, career, and life. Suitable for use in face-to-face, hybrid, or online classes.
Once again, The Career Fitness Program proves a top seller in the career market. Students and faculty alike have grown to trust these authors for practical material that goes beyond routine topics. This ninth edition discusses cutting-edge issues, including branding, generational differences, social networking, blogging, and alternative interviewing modalities. Taking a user-friendly, holistic approach to career decision making, this classic and complete text features material to help two- and four-year college students choose, change or confirm career choices. Its broad scope encourages growth for students of all ages and backgrounds and helps them discover their best career fit.
- Balanced use of technology and human contact
- Presentation of critical thinking in theory and application
- Integration of Internet exercises
- Discussion on managing financial resources
Additional Support — in and out of the classroom…
In addition to a comprehensive instructor's manual, PowerPoint, and a test bank, this text is also accompanied by a rich resource for students:
Help your students discover their potential and apply what they learn through an easy-to-use, self-guided learning environment with MyStudentSuccessLab.
Features E-book with Multimedia, Interactive Case Studies, Journaling and Goal Setting activities, and more. Provides an academic, life, and career skills foundation with Discipline specific resources in ALL courses.
Engages through experience * Develops practical skills * Sharpens problem solving abilities
Start strong. Finish stronger.
About the Author
Dr. Diane Sukiennik is a career counselor; a licensed marriage and family therapist; and an internationally recognized lecturer and workshop facilitator. She holds an advanced degree from Columbia University and has extensive postgraduate training in industrial psychology, management, and organizational development. Currently Dr. Sukiennik is on the faculty of Moorpark College in California, where her areas of expertise are career development, personal and professional presentational skills, and managerial effectiveness. She is a consultant, has a private practice, has contributed to the development of a nationally distributed telecourse on career and life development called "Career Advantage" distributed by PBS, and she is an executive career coach. She walks her talk by turning a lifelong passion into a popular website, www.foodandwineaccess.com.
Dr. William Bendat is a recognized leader and innovator in career development theory. While serving as Dean of Student Services at Moorpark College, he managed the award-winning counseling and career programs that gained recognition in both California and nationally The counseling and career program at Moorpark College was awarded the Stanford University H.B. McDaniel Award for comprehensive career services. Dr. Bendat has advanced degrees in counseling psychology, with emphasis in decision making and self-concept, which has enriched The Career Fitness Program. He is the Director of Careerscope, offering specialized career workshops to public and private agencies, and is currently involved in career strategies to improve high school graduation rates. He is also a licensed therapist, past president of the California Managers of Counseling, and a contributor to numerous workshops and professional journals.
Dr. Lisa Raufman has been Dean of Counseling and Career Center Coordinator at El Camino College in Torrance, California. She is a career counselor and consultant, as well as a licensed marriage and amily therapist. Her master's degree is in counseling with a specialization in the community college and vocational rehabilitation. Her doctoral degree from the University of California at Los Angeles focused on higher education, work, and adult development. Previously, Dr. Raufman coordinated the Career Transfer Center at Moorpark College. She is past president of the Los Padres chapter of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and the California Community College Counselors Association. For the past decade, Dr. Raufman has been a member of the California Community College Chancellors Office State Advisory on Career Development. She is a lifelong member of state and national counseling associations such as ACA, NCDA, CCDA, CCCCA, and CAC. Additionally, Dr. Raufman writes a blog for www.CareerThoughtLeaders.com and for the American College Counseling Association (ACCA). A direct link to the blog can be found at: http://www.careerthoughtleaders.com/blog/author/lisa-raufman
Table of Contents
TOPICS COVERED: (Please Note that this may vary slightly for book specific sites)
Welcome to College/College Culture
WITHIN EACH CHAPTER TOPIC:
· Chapter Objectives
· Chapter Pre-Assessment
· E-book (with Multimedia features)
· Interactive Case Study
· Journaling and Goal Setting activity
· Comprehension Test
WITHIN RESOURCES SECTION:
· Understanding Plagiarism guide
· Prentice Hall Planner
· Student Reflection Journal
· 10 Ways to Fight Hate
· Student Success Supersite
· Online Dictionary
· Beginning Your Career