Synopses & Reviews
You are a bookworm if you relish days lost in the library stacks somewhere between Sa-Se and Se-Si. You are a bookworm if you read every possible moment you can--on the train, at lunch, at the doctor's office, in bed. Now Careers for Bookworms
can help you turn your passion for pages into a career. Here you will find out how bookworms:
- Run book publishing companies
- Write and research for magazines
- Keep everything in order at the library
- Research critical information for government think tanks
- Sell books to other bookworms
- Pass along the love of reading to the next generation . . . and more
Inside, you'll find all the information you need on salaries, working conditions, and opportunities for professional advancement. Written for newcomers and career-changers alike, Careers for Bookworms is an essential book for anyone considering a career in this addictive hobby.
The only career series designed expressly to turn passions into paychecks!
The Careers for You series inspires career explorers to look at the job market through the unique lens of their own interests. Each book reveals dozens of ways to pursue a passion and make a living--including many little-known but delightful careers that will surprise readers.
Vital information in each book includes:
- Suggested jobs in a wide range of settings, from the office to the outdoors
- A selection of jobs with different levels of educational requirements
- Advice on competing in hot job markets
- Tips on transforming hobbies into job skills