Synopses & Reviews
'Make a difference--and have a great career while you\'re at it!
Are you a \"people person\"? Are you distressed by the increasing poverty in the world? Do you feel like you want to make a difference? If you answered yes to any of these questions, your career choice has already been made. Now you need to choose an occupation within the field.
Careers for Good SamaritansandOther Humanitarian Types provides all the information you need to get started on landing the job of your dreams, including inside information on everyday routines of selected jobs, working conditions within the field, and alternate sources to enhance your job search. Use the advice provided here and you\'ll:
- Decide which specific profession is best for you
- Make the right choices the first time around
- Begin your job search focused and confident
- Present yourself as a knowledgeable, serious job candidate
The field of public service and caregiving is wide! You can work as a:
- crime-victim counselor
- medical assistant to the homeless
- social worker
- Peace Corps recruiter
- military chaplain
- hospital worker
The only career series designed expressly to turn passions into paychecks!
The Careers for You series inspires career explorers to look at the job market through the unique lens of their own interests. Each book reveals dozens of ways to pursue a passion and make a living--including many little-known but delightful careers that will surprise readers.
The only career book to match the right job to your big-hearted personality
The inspiring Careers for Good Samaritans and Other Humanitarian Types encourages you to embrace your individuality by finding the job that matches your character traits.
- Suggested jobs in a wide range of settings, from the office to the outdoors
- A selection of jobs with different levels of educational requirements
- Advice on competing in hot job markets
- Tips on transforming hobbies into job skills
About the Author
Marjorie Eberts and Margaret Gisler received their specialist degrees in education from Butler University. They are prolific authors with more than eighty books in print, including twenty-one career books.