Synopses & Reviews
This casebook provides students with personal and intimate glimpses into the thinking and actions of experienced practitioners working with clients dealing with adoption.
The contributors of this casebook combined many decades of social work experience and teaching to create an opportunity for students to study and analyze how practitioners think about practice. The authors move beyond the belief that practice involves finding correct interventions to solve client problems, and instead invite students to review and challenge the work of others to help them understand what informs important practice decisions with real clients in real practice settings.
- Chapter 1 provides an overview of the Advanced-Multi System (AMS) practice approach as an organizing tool for students.
- Sets of discussion questions within each case allow students to demonstrate their understanding of the cases and to evaluate the process, ideas, and methods behind how and why the authors approached their case in the manner presented.
- Casebook invites students openly to assess and explore how they would have resolved similar situations themselves using new knowledge.
Don't Miss this Special Value Pack Option:
The Career Center
Do your students need help transitioning from being a student to becoming a professional? With The Career Center, they can register to receive eight 30-minute career counseling sessions-a total of four hours of career consultant time! The Career Center is designed to address the wide range of preparation and life stages of individuals who are attempting to develop their careers. Qualified career specialists advise students as they establish, or reestablish, themselves in today's competitive global economy. The Career Centera $25 valueis FREE to your students when you order it packaged with any new Allyn & Bacon Social Work textbook. Visit www.ablongman.com/careercenter for more information
Contact your local Allyn & Bacon representative and request special packaging codes to take advantage of this great offer.
Each title in the Allyn & Bacon Johnson & Grant Casebook Series
presents three to four in-depth cases in a different topic area, prefaced by an introduction to generalist social work practice.
Allyn & Bacon Casebook Series for Adoption, First Edition by Jerry Johnson and George Grant provides students with personal and intimate glimpses into the thinking and actions of experienced practitioners working with children and families. The contributors to this casebook combined many decades of social work experience and teaching to create a one-of-a-kind tool for students to study and analyze how practitioners think about practice. The authors move beyond the belief that practice involves finding "correct" interventions to solve client problems, and instead invite students to review and challenge the work of others to help them understand what compromises important practice decision with real clients in real practice settings.
Table of Contents
1. A Multi-Systemic Approach to Practice (Jerry L. Johnson & George Grant, Jr.).
2. Sarah and Robert (George Grant, Jr.).
3. The Morgan Family (Mildred Drollinger & Jill C. Tyler-Skinner).
4. The Boyd's (Steve De Groot).
5. Travis ( Robin L. Smith).