Synopses & Reviews
Deluxe Edition of Best-Selling CCNA Study Guide
This comprehensive, enhanced version of the Sybex CCNA Study Guide provides certification candidates with the additional tools they need to prepare for this popular exam. With additional bonus exams and flashcards, as well as the exclusive CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition, this comprehensive guide has been completely updated to reflect the latest CCNA 640-802 exam. Written by Cisco Authority Todd Lammle, whose straightforward style provides lively examples, hands-on and written labs, easy-to-understand analogies, and real-world scenarios that will not only help you prepare for the exam, but also give you a solid foundation as a Cisco networking professional.
This Study Guide teaches you how to
- Describe how a network works
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats
- Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Implement and verify WAN links
On the CD-ROM:
- Chapter Review Questions
- Full-Length Practice Exams
- Electronic Flashcards
- Exclusive CD-only bonus material, including the CCNA Simulation Exam Practice Guide
- All new Audio and Video Instruction from Todd Lammle
On the Bonus 2nd CD-ROM
- The CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition. Users can work in a Cisco environment without having to spend the thousands of dollars on the pricy equipment.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
The complete CCNA study guide plus additional practice exams and Virtual Lab software
The Cisco Certified Network Associate certification is the first step for network administrators seeking to advance their careers. This comprehensive, fully updated study guide covers everything you need to know to pass the exam, and includes the popular Cisco network simulator, CCNA Virtual Lab. Along with complete coverage of all exam objectives, this deluxe edition also features more than an hour of video instruction by the author, Cisco networking guru Todd Lammle, as well as 30 minutes of audio, the Sybex Test Engine, a PDF of the book, and flashcards on the CD.
- This Deluxe edition by author and trainer Todd Lammle provides everything you need to know to prepare for the CCNA exam: network planning and design, implementation and operation, troubleshooting, and technology
- Includes a CD with a fully functional version of the popular network simulator, CCNA Virtual Lab, allowing the reader to perform numerous labs without having to purchase costly hardware
- Also on the CD are flashcards, audio and video instruction, the Sybex Test Engine, and a PDF version of the book
Deluxe package includes the complete CCNA Study Guide, the CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition network simulator, and more.
About the Author
Todd Lammle, CCSI, CCNA/CCNA Wireless/CCNP/CCSP/CCVP, MCSE, CEH/CHFI, FCC RF Licensed, is the authority on Cisco certification and networking. He is a world-renowned author, speaker, trainer, and consultant. Todd has over 29 years of experience working with LANs, WANs, and large licensed and unlicensed wireless networks. He has also published over 50 books, including the very popular Sybex CCNA Study Guides and CCNA Wireless Study Guide. He runs a training and consulting company based in Colorado and Texas. You can reach Todd through his forum and blog at www.lammle.com.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Internetworking.
Chapter 2 Review of Ethernet Networking and Data Encapsulation.
Chapter 3 Introduction to TCP/IP.
Chapter 4 Easy Subnetting.
Chapter 5 Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSMs), Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP.
Chapter 6 Cisco's Internetworking Operating System (IOS).
Chapter 7 Managing a Cisco Internetwork.
Chapter 8 IP Routing.
Chapter 9 Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
Chapter 10 Layer 2 Switching and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
Chapter 11 Virtual LANs (VLANs).
Chapter 12 Security.
Chapter 13 Network Address Translation (NAT).
Chapter 14 Cisco's Wireless Technologies.
Chapter 15 Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6).
Chapter 16 Wide Area Networks.
Appendix A About the Companion CD.