Synopses & Reviews
Prepare for the Latest Version of the CCNA Exam
Approach the CCNA exam with confidence with the detailed preparation you'll receive in this bestselling study guide from leading author Todd Lammle. This new edition—updated to reflect the very latest changes to the CCNA exam—features new or updated material on Ethernet, 802.11n technology, Voice VLANs, and much more. Reinforce your study with the author's supplemental video and audio instruction included on the CD. Inside, find the complete instruction you need, including:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you're getting the instruction you need for the exam
- Practical hands-on and written labs to reinforce critical skills
- Real-world scenarios that put what you've learned in the context of actual job roles
- Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
- Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
- A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
Look inside for complete coverage of all exam objectives.
SYBEX TEST ENGINE
Test your knowledge with advanced testing software. Includes chapter review questions and bonus exams.
Reinforce your understanding with electronic flashcards.
Also on CD, you'll find a Glossary of Terms in searchable and printable PDF.
Includes Real-World Scenarios, Hands-On and Written Labs, and Leading-Edge Exam Prep Software Featuring:
Custom Test Engine
Hundreds of Sample Questions
Video and Audio Instruction from Todd Lammle
Glossary of Terms in PDF
Bonus CCNA Simulation Practice Guide e-book
The leading CCNA certification guide, fully updated for the newest version of the exam
The Cisco Certified Network Associate certification is the first step for network administrators seeking to advance their careers. Written by networking authority Todd Lammle, this comprehensive, fully updated study guide covers everything you need to know to pass the exam. It examines every exam objective, provides expanded coverage of key topics, and includes a CD with valuable video and audio files, the Sybex Test Engine, flashcards, and the entire book in searchable PDF format.
- Network professionals who hold the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification generally earn more than coworkers who have not earned the CCNA
- This comprehensive guide by author and trainer Todd Lammle provides everything you need to know about the areas covered on the latest version of the CCNA exam: network planning and design, implementation and operation, troubleshooting, and technology
- Includes a CD with more than an hour of valuable audio and video files, the Sybex Test Engine, flashcards, and the entire book in searchable PDF format
CCNA candidates will find that CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 7th Editiongreatly improves their chances for success.
Learn from the Best - Cisco Networking Authority Todd Lammle
Written by Cisco networking authority Todd Lammle, this comprehensive guide has been completely updated to reflect the latest CCNA 640-802 exam. Todd’s straightforward style provides lively examples, hands on and written labs, easy-to-understand analogies, and real-world scenarios that will not only help you prepare for the exam, but also give you a solid foundation as a Cisco networking professional.
This Study Guide teaches you how to
- Describe how a network works
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
- Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN
- Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats
- Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Implement and verify WAN links
On the CD-ROM:
- Chapter Review Questions
- Full-Length Practice Exams
- Electronic Flashcards
· Exclusive CD-only bonus material, including the CCNA Simulation Exam Practice Guide
- All new Audio and Video Instruction from Todd Lammle
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
For Instructors: Teaching supplements are available for this title.
About the Author
Todd Lammle, CCSI, CCNA/CCNA Wireless/CCNP/CCSP/CCVP, MCSE, CEH/CHFI, FCC RF Licensed, is the authority on Cisco Certification internetworking. He is a world-renowned author, speaker, trainer, and consultant. Todd has over 29 years of experience working with LANs, WANs, and large licensed and unlicensed wireless networks. He has also published over 50 books, including the very popular Sybex CCNA Study Guides and CCNA Wireless Study Guide. He runs a training and consulting company based in Colorado and Texas. You can reach Todd through his forum and blog at www.lammle.com.
Table of Contents
Assessment Test xxxii
Chapter 1 Internetworking 1
Chapter 2 Review of Ethernet Networking and Data Encapsulation 41
Chapter 3 Introduction to TCP/IP 83
Chapter 4 Easy Subnetting 135
Chapter 5 Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSMs), Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP 175
Chapter 6 Cisco’s Internetworking Operating System (IOS) 205
Chapter 7 Managing a Cisco Internetwork 277
Chapter 8 IP Routing 345
Chapter 9 Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) 427
Chapter 10 Layer 2 Switching and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) 503
Chapter 11 Virtual LANs (VLANs) 557
Chapter 12 Security 607
Chapter 13 Network Address Translation (NAT) 655
Chapter 14 Cisco’s Wireless Technologies 683
Chapter 15 Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) 715
Chapter 16 Wide Area Networks 741