Synopses & Reviews
The latest version of the leading Cisco network simulator software for the CCNA exams
This incredibly popular software is fully updated with labs on new Cisco technologies. It's organized by exam topic, so labs build on each other and you can use them in conjunction with Sybex's CCNA Study Guide, 7th Edition. Practice scenarios are mapped to the CCNA exam objectives. This virtual lab software uses the latest drag-and-drop technology to let you create your own simulated lab using an unlimited number of routers and switches, or you may follow any of 150 labs included in the software. It's a great way to study.
- Hands-on practice with routers and switches is critical for CCNA exam success; with this software, you can create your own virtual lab and get that experience
- Ideal for candidates preparing for either the Composite 640-802 or the individual ICND1 (640-822) and ICND2 (640-816) exams
- Includes new labs using Traceroute, using Debug with a RIPv2 network, configuring and verifying a loopback interface, using ARP, configuring switch security, and verifying switch security
CCNA Virtual Lab, Titanium Edition 3.0 can save you the cost of establishing a virtual lab while it boosts your likelihood of exam success.
- Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- CD-ROM Drive
- 2 MB Video Card
- 64 MB RAM
- 80 MB Free hard disk space
- 800x600 screen resolution
- Internet Connection for software activation
Hands-on practice with routers and switches is critical for success on the CCNA exam. Yet the costs associated with the required hardware are prohibitive.
Using the latest drag-and-drop technology, the CCNA Virtual Lab 3.0, Titanium Edition allows users to create their own simulated lab using an unlimited number of routers and switches.
In addition, users can also follow any of the 150 labs provided in the software, such as logging in and out of a Cisco router, encrypting passwords, and more including these brand new labs to version 3.0:
- Using Traceroute
- Using Debug with a RIPv2 Network
- Configure and Verify a Loopback Interface
- Using ARP
- Configuring Switch Security
- Verifying Switch Security
An extensive Help menu is available to guide users through complex tasks.
Create Your Own CCNA Simulated Lab
Practice your networking skills in a virtual network and prepare for the popular CCNA exam with this bestselling simulation software. This invaluable tool enables you to easily create your own custom networks in a simulated environment, using an unlimited number of routers, switches, and hosts. For even more practice, follow over 150 separate hands-on labs that teach you specific, critical exam skills. Get thorough preparation for the CCNA exams and your career with:
- Robust simulation featuring easy-to-use drag-and-drop technology
- Full coverage of all exam objectives for CCNA Exams 640-802, 640-822, and 640-816
- Updated content that reflects the very latest Cisco hardware
- The opportunity to design your own custom networks without costly hardware
- Tons of practical, hands-on labsover 150 in all
- Work with Practice Scenarios Based on CCNA Exam Objectives
- Set Up Custom Network Configurations Easily with Drag-and-Drop Functionality
- Hone Your Skills for the Exams with over 150 Hands-On Labs
- Create Your Own Virtual Network with Unlimited Hosts, and Cisco Routers and Switches
- Get Useful Feedback with the Valuable Net Assessment Tool
About the Author
William Tedder is President of RouterSim and has expertise in the development of interactive learning applications. RouterSim, the leader in IT simulation training since 1999, offers simulators, computer-based training videos, online CCNA simulation testing, and exam preparation software.
Table of Contents
Section 1--Network Environment
Section 2--Cisco IOS
Section 3--IP Routing
Section 4--Managing a Cisco Internetwork
Section 5--Configuring the Catalyst Switch
Section 7--RIP - IPv6
Section 8--Cisco Wide Area Networks (WAN)
Section 11--Virtual LANs (VLANs)
Section 12--Access ListsSection 13--NAT/PATSection 14--VLSM with Summarization