Synopses & Reviews
CHEMISTRY SECOND EDITION
The fast, easy way to master the fundamentals of chemistry
Have you ever wondered about the differences between liquids, gases, and solids? Or what actually happens when something burns? What exactly is a solution? An acid? A base? This is chemistry—the composition and structure of substances composing all matter, and how they can be transformed. Whether you are studying chemistry for the first time on your own, want to refresh your memory for a test, or need a little help for a course, this concise, interactive guide gives you a fresh approach to this fascinating subject. This fully up-to-date edition of Chemistry: Concepts and Problems:
- Has been tested, rewritten, and retested to ensure that you can teach yourself all about chemistry
- Requires no prerequisites
- Lets you work at your own pace with a helpful question-and-answer format
- Lists objectives for each chapter—you can skip ahead or find extra help if you need it
- Reinforces what you learn with chapter self-tests
About the Author
CLIFFORD C. HOUK holds a Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry and is Professor of Health Science at Ohio University.
RICHARD POST is Assistant Dean and Director of Instructional Media and Technology Services at Ohio University.
Table of Contents
Atomic Structure, Periodic Table, Electronic Structure.
Periodic Properties and Chemical Bonding.
Molecular and Formula Weights.
The Liquid State.
Solutions and Their Properties.
Acids and Bases.