Synopses & Reviews
Written by a well-known and respected researcher in the field of child development, this TOPICALLY organized text uses unique and effective pedagogy as the framework of the entire text. Designed to demonstrate how research translates into practice with accessible writing, a modular format, and application-based features such as: Focus on Research, Real Children, Cultural Influences, and Child and Development and Family Policy.
Table of Contents
1. The Science of Child Development.
2. Genetic Bases of Child Development.
3. Prenatal Development, Birth and the Newborn.
4. Growth and Health.
5. Perceptual and Motor Development.
6. Theories of Cognitive Development.
7. Cognitive Processes and Academic Skills.
8. Intelligence and Individual Differences in Cognition.
9. Language and Communication.
10. Emotional Development.
11. Understanding Self and Others.
12. Moral Understanding and Behavior.
13. Gender and Development.
14. Family Relationships.
15. Influences Beyond the Family.