Synopses & Reviews
From the coach of Lance Armstrong and several more of the world's greatest athletes comes a revolutionary eating plan for all active people - from weekend warriors to elite competitors to those just trying to lose a few pounds and be more fit.
Readers will learn:
- The truth and consequences of low-carb diets for athletes
- The importance of eating the right foods for clean-burning fuel
- Which supplements work and which just waste money
- The Complete Carmichael Nutrition Program, which has carried many top athletes to victory
- Comprehensive training programs to put a nutritional program to work - for cyclists, runners, endurance athletes, and others
- The ease and benefits of dozens of quick-to-prepare, power-packed recipes
The complete nutritional guide from the trainer who made Lance Armstrong a six-time Tour de France winner.
About the Author
Chris Carmichael is an endurance coach and adviser to Olympic athletes and teams around the world. He is Lance Armstrong's personal coach, as well as coach to athletes of all levels. During 1997 and 1998, Chris dedicated his time and talents to shaping Lance Armstrong's return from cancer to professional racing. In 1999, he founded Carmichael Training Systems (CTS) to bring quality coaching to elite athletes and active people alike.
"I would not be a six-time Tour de France champion without [Chris Carmichael]." —Lance Armstrong