Synopses & Reviews
Your 2-in-1 Self-Paced Training Kit
EXAM PREP GUIDE
Ace your preparation for Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Exam. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This guide is designed to help make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exam in these 10 domains:
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management
- Access Control
- Physical (Environmental) Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Software Development Security
- Operations Security
Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Maximize your performance on the CISSP Exam with this Training Kit from Microsoft Press®. This 2-in-1 kit includes a comprehensive study guide for 10 security domains, plus online practice tests to help you assess your skills. Work at your own pace through the practical exercises, then assess yourself with online practice questions—featuring multiple, customizable testing options to meet your specific needs.
Your Study Kit includes:
- In-depth, self-paced training in Security Management Practices, Business Continuity Planning, and eight other domains
- Rigorous, objective-by-objective review
- Exam tips from expert, exam-certified authors
- Online practice tests—take tests wherever you are through a browser or even a smartphone
- Customizable testing options
- Real-world scenarios and case study examples
About the Author
David R. Miller (CISSP, MCT, MCITP) is an information technology and network engineering consultant; instructor; author; and technical editor of books, curricula, certification exams, and computer-based training videos. He has authored Microsoft Press Training Kits on Windows Server 2008 and Exchange Server 2007.Brock Pearson (CISSP, CRISC) is an information technology and security consultant, instructor, and author and technical editor of books and curricula. He has provided his security technical expertise performing technical editing services on Security+, SIEM, and SSCP books and for computer-based training videos. Sean-Philip Oriyano (CISSP, CEH, CHFI, SCNP, MCT, MCITP and Security+) is a 20 year veteran of the Information Technology and engineering fields working with a wide variety of organizations to deliver unique and innovative solutions. He has spent his time in the field working with nearly all aspects of IT and management with special emphasis on Information Security/Operations concepts, techniques, and practices. Currently, he is an IT instructor who specializes in infrastructure and security topics for various public and private entities. Sean has instructed for the US Air Force, Navy, and Army at locations both in North America and internationally.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Information security governance and risk management
- Chapter 2: Access control
- Chapter 3: Cryptography
- Chapter 4: Physical (environmental) security
- Chapter 5: Security architecture and design
- Chapter 6: Legal, regulations, investigations, and compliance
- Chapter 7: Telecommunications and network security
- Chapter 8: Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Chapter 9: Software development security
- Chapter 10: Operations security
- Additional resources
- About the author