Synopses & Reviews
Are you visiting Oxford for the first time? Or are you an avid walker interested in taking a stroll around Oxford’s scenic and famous sites?
Whether you visit Oxford regularly or are a first-time visitor, City Walks Oxford provides a new look at this charming city with unique insights and imaginative tours. Take any route and see Oxford come to life, from Jericho and Port Meadow to Headington and Iffley, see Oxford’s historic sites and top attractions. Expert local guide Victoria Bentata Azaz gives you a personal tour of Oxford, with each walk packed full of intriguing tales and fascinating features including, Oxford Castle, the colleges of Oxford University and its world-class museums and libraries. Learn little-known facts and tales in an entertaining and exciting way and discover the stories and events that shaped Oxford into one of the most famous cities in England. Take this handy guide with you as you walk through Oxford and explore the off-route detours to find the most scenic or historic spots, or link two or more routes that interest you to create your own unique day out.
Be guided to the most famous areas and lesser known corners of Oxford with City Walks Oxford, including:
• 15 short walks around Oxford from the academic heart of the city to the palatial grandeur of Blenheim
• Dozens of intrigung tales and fascinating histories told in each walk
• Simple route description and easy-to-follow map
• Key features and viewpoints for each walk
• Walk statistics including distance and estimated time
• Accompanying colour photographs
• Recommended refreshment stops
Your personal Oxford tour guide.