Synopses & Reviews
From ETS–the concepts, skills and instructional strategies needed to apply assessment for learning in your classroom.
Classroom Assessment FOR Student Learning: Doing It Right–Using It Well is the core of a larger comprehensive professional development program that comes in either a Professional Development Package for staff development specialists or in a School Package for school-wide implementation. These packages also include the following interactive training videos on DVD:
· Assessment FOR Student Motivation
· Evaluating Assessment Quality: Hands on Practice
· Assessing Reasoning in the Classroom
· Commonsense Paper and Pencil Assessments
· Designing Performance Assessments for Learning
· Grading & Reporting in Standards-Based Schools
· Student-Involved Conferences
Classroom Assessment FOR Student Learning: Doing It Right–Using It Well is a combination textbook and workbook grounded in research shown to increase student motivation and learning through improved classroom assessment. This user-friendly, practical book is full of real-world examples of what assessment for learning looks like in today’s classrooms. Presented in a format appropriate for use by individuals or collaborative learning teams, the book has an exceptionally strong focus on integrating assessment with instruction through student involvement in the assessment process.
Classroom Assessment FOR Student Learning comes packaged with an Activities and Resources CD and a Video Segments: Demonstrations & Presentations DVD.
Table of Contents
I. PRINCIPLES OF ASSESSMENT FOR LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT QUALITY
1. Classroom Assessment: Every Student is a Winner!
2. Assessment for and of Learning
II. ASSESSMENT METHODS
3. Assess What? Clear Targets
4. Assess How? Designing Assessments to Do What You Want
5. Selected Response Assessment
6. Extended Written Response Assessment
7. Performance Assessment
8. Personal Communication as Assessment
III. COMMUNICATING ASSESSMENT RESULTS
9. Communicating about Student Learning
10. Assessment of Learning: Report Cards
12. Conferences about and with Students
13. Practical Help with Standardized Tests
Closing Comments from the Authors
Appendix A: CD Contents by Chapter
Appendix B: DVD Contents by Chapter