Synopses & Reviews
CliffsAP study guides help you gain an edge on Advanced Placement* exams. Review exercises, realistic practice exams, and effective test-taking strategies are the key to calmer nerves and higher AP* scores.
CliffsAP Physics B & C, is for students who are enrolled in AP Physics B or C, or who are preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination in AP Physics B or C. Inside, you’ll find hints for answering the free-response and multiple-choice sections, a clear explanation of the exam formats, a look at how exams are graded, and more:
- Review sections of important material for each subject area
- Review questions after each section, with solutions, explanations, and helpful comments
- Two sample B Exams and two sample C Exams
- Loads of diagrams, tables, and definitions to help you understand the information
Sample questions (and answers!) and practice tests reinforce what you’ve learned in areas such as vectors, mechanics (forces), motion, and thermodynamics. CliffsAP Physics B & C also covers the following areas:
- Momentum, energy, work and power
- Waves, geometric optics, fluid mechanics, atomic and nuclear physics (B Exam only)
- Electric fields and forces, including electrostatics, electric potential, Coulomb's Law, Gauss' Law, conductors and capacitors, and more
- DC circuits, including current, Ohm's law, potential difference and DC circuits
- Magnetic fields and forces, including Biot-Savart's Law, solenoid, Faraday's law of Induction, important formulas included in Maxwell's Equations
This comprehensive guide offers a thorough review of key concepts and detailed answer explanations. It’s all you need to do your best — and get the college credits you deserve.
*Advanced Placement Program and AP are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse this product.
The quick and easy way to better prepare for the AP Physics exams to earn college credit, this useful book is comprised of test prep materials for both the AP Physics B and AP Physics C tests. "CliffsAP Physics B & C helps all levels of test-takers achieve more successful results on the AP Physics exams.
Your complete guide to a higher score on the Physics B & C AP®
Why CliffsAP® Guides?
Go with the name you know and trust
Get the information you need–fast!
Written by test prep specialists
About the contents:
Part I: Introduction to the AP Physics B & C Exams
- General description of the tests
- Format and scoring information
- Frequently asked questions
Part II: Analysis of Exam Areas: Multiple Choice and Free Response Sections
- Full analysis of each question type for B and C exams
- Successful strategies for each test area
- In-depth reviews of vectors, forces, motion, thermodynamics, and waves
- Coverage of geometric optics, fluid mechanics, atomic and nuclear physics, and electric and magnetic fields and forces
- Sample questions with answers/explanations
Part III: 4 Full-length Practice Exams with Answers and Explanations (2 for each test)
AP Test Prep Essentials from the Experts at CliffsNotes
About the Author
James R. Centorino has taught physics at El Camino Real High School in Woodland Hills since 1984.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
PART II: SUBJECT AREA REVIEWS WITH SAMPLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
Momentum, Energy, Work, and Power.
Waves (B Exam).
Geometric Optics (B Exam).
Fluid Mechanics (B Exam).
Atomic and Nuclear Physics (B Exam).
Electric Fields and Forces.
Magnetic Fields and Forces.
PART III: PRACTICE TESTS: SAMPLE B & C EXAMS WITH ANSWERS AND COMMENTS.
AP Physics B Practice Exam 1.
AP Physics B Practice Exam 2.
AP Physics C Practice Exam 1.
AP Physics C Practice Exam 2.