Synopses & Reviews
Your complete guide to a higher score on the *AP Statistics exam
Why CliffsTestPrep Guides?
Go with the name you know and trust
Get the information you need--fast!
Written by test prep specialists
About the contents:
Part I: Introduction
* Exam content and format outlines
* Calculators policy
* Tips on answering free-response questions
* AP exam grades and what they mean
Part II: Subject Area Reviews
* Interpreting graphical displays
* Collecting, exploring, comparing, and summarizing data
* Planning and conducting surveys and experiments
* Anticipating patterns
* Understanding statistical inference
* Subject area review questions with full answer explanations
Part III: AP Statistics Practice Tests
* 7 full-length practice tests with full answer explanations
* Glossary of statistics terms
* Statistics formulas
* Comparison of graphical displays
* Summary of inference methods
About the Author
DAVE KAY is a writer, engineer, and aspiring naturalist and artist. He has written or cowritten more than a dozen computer books.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
PART II: SUBJECT AREA REVIEWS WITH SAMPLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
Exploring Data: Interpreting Graphical Displays of Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Summarizing Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Comparing Distributions of Univariate Data.
Exploring Data: Exploring Bivariate Data.
Exploring Data: Exploring Categorical Data—Frequency Tables.
Sampling and Experimentation: Overview of Methods of Data Collection.
Sampling and Experimentation: Planning and Conducting Surveys.
Sampling and Experimentation: Planning and Conducting Experiments.
Anticipating Patterns: Probability as Relative Frequency.
Anticipating Patterns: Combining Independent Random Variables.
Anticipating Patterns: The Normal Distribution.
Anticipating Patterns: Sampling Distributions.
Statistical Inference: Confidence Intervals.
Statistical Inference: Tests of Significance.
Statistical Inference: Special Case of Normally Distributed Data.
PART III: AP STATISTICS PRACTICE TESTS.
Practice Test 1.
Practice Test 2.
Practice Test 3.
Practice Test 4.
Practice Test 5.
Practice Test 6.
Practice Test 7.