Synopses & Reviews
CliffsQuickReview course guides cover the essentials of your toughest classes. Get a firm grip on core concepts and key material, and test your newfound knowledge with review questions.
From planes, points, and postulates to squares, spheres, and slopes — and everything in between — CliffsQuickReview Geometry can help you make sense of it all. This guide introduces each topic, defines key terms, and walks you through each sample problem step-by-step. Begin with a review of fundamental ideas such as theorems, angles, and intersecting lines. In no time, you'll be ready to work on other concepts such as
- Triangles and polygons: Classifying and identifying; features and properties; the Triangle Inequality Theorem; the Midpoint Theorem; and more
- Perimeter and area: Parallelograms, trapezoids, regular polygons, circles
- Similarity: Ratio and proportion; properties of proportions; similar triangles
- Right triangles
- Circles: Central angles and arcs; inscribed angles; chords, secants, tangents; arc length, sectors
- Geometric solids and coordinate geometry
CliffsQuickReview Geometry acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. Here are just a few ways you can search for topics:
- Use the free Pocket Guide full of essential information
- Get a glimpse of what youll gain from a chapter by reading through the Chapter Check-In at the beginning of each chapter
- Use the Chapter Checkout at the end of each chapter to gauge your grasp of the important information you need to know
- Test your knowledge more completely in the CQR Review and look for additional sources of information in the CQR Resource Center
- Use the glossary to find key terms fast.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
CliffsQuickReview We take great notesand make learning a snap When it comes to pinpointing the stuff you really need to know, nobody does it better than CliffsNotes. This fast, effective tutorial helps you master core geometry conceptsfrom perimeter, area, and similarity to parallel lines, geometric solids, and coordinate geometryand get the best possible grade. At CliffsNotes, we're dedicated to helping you do your best, no matter how challenging the subject. Our authors are veteran teachers and talented writers who know how to cut to the chaseand zero in on the essential information you need to succeed. Study smarter @ cliffsnotes.com Free CliffsNote-A-Day tips Free test-taking tips and tricks Free test samples and schedules Free info on other test resources Plus hundreds of downloadable Cliffs titles 24 hours a day Make the grade with CliffsQuickReviews CliffsQuickReviews are available for more than 30 introductory level courses. See inside for a complete listing of these and other bestselling Cliffs titles.
About the Author
Ed Kohn, MS is an outstanding educator and author with over 33 years experience teaching mathematics. Currently, he is the testing coordinator and math department chairman at Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Fundamental Ideas.
Chapter 2: Parallel Lines.
Chapter 3: Triangles.
Chapter 4: Polygons.
Chapter 5: Perimeter and Area.
Chapter 6: Similarity.
Chapter 7: Right Triangles.
Chapter 8: Circles.
Chapter 9: Geometric Solids.
Chapter 10: Coordinate Geometry.
CQR Resource Center.