Synopses & Reviews
The only guide with all the accredited colleges in the United States—more than 3,800—including four-year, two-year, and technical schools!
This is the only guide available that contains objective information on every accredited college in the United States—2,100 four-year colleges and universities, and 1,700 two-year community colleges and technical schools. With its clearly laid-out entries and more than 40 indexes, the College Handbook 2010 is also the fastest, easiest way for students to narrow a college search and compare the schools that they’re interested in.
• targeted information for homeschooled students and students considering community college as an option
• useful features for black and Hispanic students
• tables of early-decision and wait-list outcomes show information that can’t be found in any other guide
• comprehensive listings of student services, majors, athletics, on-campus activities, and campus computing
• planning calendar and worksheets help students organize their applications and stay on track
• purchasers qualify for a $10 discount on The Official SAT Online Course™, the only course offered by the test makers
• updated annually by a team of editors who verify information with each college—making the College Handbook 2010 the best reference guide
The only guide available that contains objective information on every accredited college in the U.S., this handbook features clearly laid-out entries along with more than 40 indices.
About the Author
The College Board, a not-for-profit membership association, connects students to college success and opportunity through major programs and services in college admissions, guidance, assessment, financial aid, enrollment, and teaching and learning. Among its best-known programs are the SAT®, the PSAT/NMSQT®, and the Advanced Placement Program® (AP®). Students, parents, educators, and librarians recognize the College Board as a source of expertise on SAT and CLEP® test preparation, college admissions, and financial aid. The College Board publishes the bestselling The Official SAT Study Guide™, the College Handbook, the Book of Majors, and other books that help students prepare for college, research their options, and succeed in higher education. It also maintains the popular collegeboard.com Web site, which is visited by more than 4.5 million unique visitors per month.