Synopses & Reviews
Newly revised and updated, the Collins Portuguese Concise Dictionary, 3rd Edition is the world's most complete guide to Portuguese grammar. The user-friendly format makes it easy to look up irregular verbs, common abbreviations and acronyms, and Portuguese place names. Up-to-date coverage of the language includes modern idioms and key conversational phrases. Pronunciation guides for English and Portuguese are shown in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). The 3rd Edition is an essential tool for mastering every facet of communication—writing, reading, and speaking.
From digital TV to voice mail, teleconferencing to teleworking, the Collins Portuguese Concise Dictionary
keeps you up to date with contemporary Portuguese. Additionally, this dictionary provides extensive help with constructions and usage.
The Collins Portuguese Concise Dictionaryincludes a guide to spelling differences between European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese.
Modern and user-friendly, this dictionary gives priority to contemporary language and expressions, providing the information you need to write a paper, read a book, or tell a story.
The Perfect Language Tool for Learners of Portuguese
- Comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of all the words and phrases you need in Portuguese
- Thousands of examples show you how Portuguese is used in context
- In-depth treatment of difficult words
- Clear layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
- Detailed guidance on the pronunciation of European and Brazilian Portuguese
- Text fully updated for the new Portuguese spelling reform
Ideal for intermediate learners