Synopses & Reviews
Here is the first complete manual of Chinese medicine specifically written for the layperson. Filled with illustrated exercises and recipes, this book offers a unique, integrated system of preventive health care so that now anyone can promote good health, longevity, and spiritual awareness using these traditional techniques.
• Key concepts of Chinese medical theory
• Dozens of illustrated T'ai Chi and Chee-gung exercises
• The Chinese approach to healing common ailments
• Authentic secrets of Taoist sexual yoga
• Therapeutic food recipes and herbal tonics
• Alternative treatments for diseases such as AIDS and cancer
• Resource listings: teachers, schools, centers, stores, and mail-order suppliers
About the Author
Daniel Reid is a leading Western authority on traditional Chinese medicine and Taoist healing practices and has studied and practiced Chinese medicine for over twenty years. He is the author of The Complete Book of Chinese Health and Healing (Shambhala, 1993, 1994).