Synopses & Reviews
This revised edition offers more than 200 recipes, shopping tips, and natural ideas to discourage yeast growth, a problem which afflicts more than 75 percent of people in North America.
About the Author
Jeanne Marie Martin, C.I.N.,
is a clinical nutritionist who has more than 25 years of experience in the nutrition field and is the author of numerous books, including For the Love of Food and All Natural Allergy Cookbook. She lectures internationally on natural foods and holistic lifestyles.
Zoltan P. Rona, M.D., has long been a practicing physician for eighteen years and is a past president of the Canadian Holistic Medical Association. Based in Canada, he lectures around the world, writes regular neswpaper and magazine columns, and appears frequently on Canadian and American television. He is the author of the bestselling books The Joy of Health and Return to the Joy of Health, as well as co-author of the Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook (Prima).
Table of Contents
Foreword by Carolyn DeMarco, M.D.
Introduction: How You Can Heal Candida
I. What to Do About Candida
1. The Disease That Does Not Exist
2. Do You Have Candida Albicans?
3. Types of Treatment
4. Herbs and Foods for Therapy
5. Your Doctor's Role During Treatment
6. Case Histories
7. The Immune System and Healing
8. Social Guidelines
II. Diet Plans, Menus, and Recipes
9. Digestion, Food Combining, Meal Planning
10. Candida Treatment Diets
11. Shopping, Shortcuts, Substitutions, and Tips
12. Beneficial Beverages
13. Snacks and Munchies That Do Not Feed the Yeast
14. Breakfasts That Energize
15. Super Salads and Homemade Dressings: Everything You Need to Know About Raw Vegetables
16. Soups for All Seasons
17. Sassy Sauces and Gravies
18. Magnificent Main Dishes
19. Side Dishes and Special Recipes
20. Treats That Are Not Too Sweet
III. Protecting Your Future, Preventing Candida Recurrence, and Beyond
21. What to Do If Candida Is Not Healing
22. Staying Healthy Once Candida Treatment Is Over
23. Beyond Candida: How to Use This Book's Recipes and Diets for Other Diseases
Glossary of Special Foods
References and Recommended Reading
Recipe Title Index
About the Authors