You're no idiot, of course. You've had your "fortune" read and know that Tarot is an ancient and fascinating art form. But when it comes to understanding what the Hermit and High Priestess tell you, you feel like a fool--though not the adventurous Fool in the Tarot deck. Take fate into your own hands! The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tarot and Fortune-Telling deals you the cards and explains what the pictures say about you. Soon, you'll be off on an exciting journey of self-discovery. In this Complete Idiot's Guide, you get:
An updated and revised look at how to uncover your karmic destiny through the symbols and metaphors of the tarot. This 2nd edition includes a new chapter on choosing the right tarot deck for you (or designing your own) plus new sample readings and yearly readings for 2004 and 2005.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tarot Part 1: All About Tarot
1. What Is Tarot?
A Tarot primer to help you see that the Tarot is much more than a pack of cards.
2. Back to the Future
Some history, some psychology, and even some English class.
3. What Tarot Reveals About You
Using Tarot cards to learn about yourself.
Part 2: Getting to Know the Cards
4. Contemplating Tarot Cards
Different decks for different folksincluding you!
5. What Do You See in the Cards?
Learning to communicate with your Tarot deck.
6. Learning to Use the Tarot Deck
Some beginning exercises and journaling to get you started.
Part 3: The Major Arcana: A Fool for the World
7. Don't Be an Idiot, Be a Fool
What's behind the Major Arcana cards.
8. Setting off on the Life Path
The Fool, the Magician, the High Priestess, the Empress, the Emperor, and the Hierophant.
9. What Kind of Fool Are You?
The Lovers, the Chariot, Strength, the Hermit, the Wheel of Fortune, and Justice.
10. The Fool in Dante's Dark Wood
The Hanged Man, Death, Temperance, the Devil, and the Tower.
11.The Fool in Tune with the Universe
The Stars, the Moon, the Sun, Judgement, and the World.
Part 4: The Minor Arcana: Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles
12. Everyday Cards
What's behind the Minor Arcana cards.
13. Wands: The Fruits of Your Labors, the Tools of Your Trade
Everything you ever wanted to know about Wands.
14. Cups: Life, Creativity, Emotions
Everything you ever wanted to know about Cups.
15. Swords: Action, Power, Obstacles
Everything you ever wanted to know about Swords.
16. Pentacles: Possessions, Wealth, Security
Everything you ever wanted to know about Pentacles.
Part 5: Tarot Readings Any Fool Can Do
17. Getting or Giving a Good Tarot Reading
Putting the cards together equals a reading.
18. What's Your Question? Ask the Cards
The Three-Card, the Seven-Card, and the Celtic Cross Spreads.
19. Past, Present, Future: Your Yearly Horoscope Revealed
The Horoscope, the Past/Present/Future, and the Covering Your Celtic Spreads.
20. Decisions, Dreams, Karma: Searching for Answers
The Decision, the Gypsy Wish, and the Karmic Spreads.
Part 6. More Ways to Interpret the Tarot
21. Tarot, Humankind, and the Future of the World
The Mission Spread, our reading for the year 2005.
22. Choose the Deck That Suits You
Beyond to Aquarian, Witches, and even Baseball!
23. Tarot and Numerology
What Tarot's numbers can reveal about you.