Synopses & Reviews
Charlie Papazian, master brewer and founder and president of the American Homebrewer's Association and Association of Brewers, presents a fully revised edition of his essential guide to homebrewing. This third edition of the best-selling and most trusted homebrewing guide includes a complete update of all instructions, recipes, charts, and guidelines. Everything you need to get started is here, including classic and new recipes for brewing stouts, ales, lagers, pilseners, porters, specialty beers, and honey meads.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, third edition, includes:
- Getting your home brewery together: the basics -- malt, hops, yeast, and water
- Ten easy lessons for making your first batch of beer
- Creating world-class styles of beer (IPA, Belgian wheat, German Kölsch and Bock, barley wine, American lagers, to name a few)
- Using fruit, honey, and herbs for a spicier, more festive brew
- Brewing with malt extracts for an unlimited range of strengths and flavors
- Advanced brewing techniques using specialty hops or the all-grain method or mash extracts
- A complete homebrewer's glossary, troubleshooting tips, and an up-to-date resource section
- And much, much more
Be sure to check out Charlie's The Homebrewer's Companion for over 60 additional recipes and more detailed charts and tables, techniques, and equipment information for the advanced brewer.
Often touted as the home-brewer's bible, this edition charts a beginning brewer's course, keeping the focus on enjoying the process as well as the results of home-brewing. An easy-to-use table of ingredients helps the newly initiated design their own recipes.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -388) and index.
About the Author
Charlie Papazian is the founder of the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) and the Association of Brewers and the current president of the Brewers Association. The creator of the Great American Beer Festival and the World Beer Cup, he is the founding publisher of the magazines Zymurgy (for homebrewers) and The New Brewer (for professional craftbrewers). He lives in Boulder, Colorado, with his wife, Sandra, and daughter, Carla, where he still avidly homebrews lagers, ales, and honey meads.