Synopses & Reviews
Concise, highly readable book discusses the selection, set-up, and maintenance of a telescope; amateur studies of the sun; lunar topography and occultations; observations of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, the minor planets and the stars; an introduction to photoelectric photometry; and more. 1981 edition. 124 figures. 26 halftones. 37 tables.
Table of Contents
1. The Selection of a Telescope.
2. Instrument Setup and Maintenance.
3. Observations of Meteors.
4. Comets: A Guide to Observation, Photography, and Discovery.
5. Amateur Studies of the Sun.
6. Lunar Topography.
7. Lunar Occultations.
8. Mars: The Red Planet.
9. Jupiter: An Amateur's Guide to Research Projects.
10. Observations of Saturn.
11. Visual Photometry of the Minor Planets.
12. Studies of Variable Stars.
13. An Introduction to Photoelectric Photometry.
14. Astrophotography for the Amateur Astronomer.
Glossary. Appendices. Index.